Ask

Solution

TP-link access points not working Since swapping to Vodafone today

nyckuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've got 3x TP-Link AP EAP-225v2
All working ok with Sky Full Fibre broadband

Yesterday we swapped to Vodafone (new router), plugged everything in and im having issues with the WiFi , keeps coming up with "incorrect password for AP "
Ive defaulted the AP and works ok with no security
As soon as i change the security mode to WPA-PSK as previous used i get incorrect password message when i try to log into the WiFi with my mobile , laptop just wont connect
Think the Hive is playing up also but im trying to sort out the AP's first
I've disabled the Vodafone WiFi but that didnt help

All our TV's , mobiles, tablets run off the WiFi apart from my PC , so really need to sort this out soon or go back to Sky

thanks

27 REPLIES 27

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@nyckuk wrote:
 I cant see your photos you've posted

Yes, I'm afraid it takes an absolute age on here for images to be moderated.

Jayach

@nyckuk wrote:

They are connected via a D-Link DGS-1008p 4x POE 4xnormal ports that does the power over ethernet  for the AP and the normal ports to Xbox,PS5 .

So you should be able to connect to the AP's even if there was no router. So the problem you have can't have anything to do with Vodafone.

If you put the Sky router back on (yes I know it won't connect to the internet) can you then connect to the AP's?

Just put it back on the Sky router and like you said no internet but can connect to the AP wifi as normal with password , No incorrect password message , only tried it on 1 of the AP

Then put it back on the vodafone ....BOOM its working as normal without the password error  message .

I got back from Japan last night, so im very very tired . So i'll leave as it is with 1xAP passworded and the other 2 non-password   and test it in  the morning ...hopefully getting somewhere ??? ( maybe the Vodafone router hadnt fully updated/installed)

Thanks for your help so far , fingers crossed for the morning

Jayach

Well that was very unexpected, but yes 🤞  for the morning.

Update :

All was working in the morning as i left it. So i started  adding the other AP's @ 2.4g and 5g and it starting playing up again password error message . After playing around all morning this what ive found out

I only have to remove the Cat5 from the Vodafone router ( not put in sky router ) and i can log into to both 2.4 and 5 albeit with no internet

Connected back to Vodafone router

When I have all the AP with only 2.4g enabled and Full security password all works fine

When I have all the AP with only 2.4 enabled and Full security password  and 5g enabled with No security password it all works fine

So it all fails when  the 5g is enabled with security password enabled

Any ideas ???

I could possible live with only 2.4g but not sure I should ,so may have to go back to sky / virgin

Ripshod

Mmmm. Do you have the first EAP set up in controller mode? 

Dont think so , I defaulted them all and have only changed the 2.4/5g security setting / passwords .

I dont think there really a first / second /third order for the EAP ??

Ripshod

Read the manual about controller mode. Set the first up as controller and the other will take their settings from that controller. 

EAP225s are only 802.11ac devices, which means they're not compatible with wifi6, as in wpa3 doesn't work with them. 

Ripshod

Also when did you last update their firmware. The last update is from April this year. 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:
EAP225s are only 802.11ac devices, which means they're not compatible with wifi6, as in wpa3 doesn't work with them. 

I believe @nyckuk has the THG3000, not the new Ultra router, so that doesn't have it either.

@nyckuk could you confirm for sure which router you have.