Ask

Solution

TP-link access points not working Since swapping to Vodafone today

nyckuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've got 3x TP-Link AP EAP-225v2
All working ok with Sky Full Fibre broadband

Yesterday we swapped to Vodafone (new router), plugged everything in and im having issues with the WiFi , keeps coming up with "incorrect password for AP "
Ive defaulted the AP and works ok with no security
As soon as i change the security mode to WPA-PSK as previous used i get incorrect password message when i try to log into the WiFi with my mobile , laptop just wont connect
Think the Hive is playing up also but im trying to sort out the AP's first
I've disabled the Vodafone WiFi but that didnt help

All our TV's , mobiles, tablets run off the WiFi apart from my PC , so really need to sort this out soon or go back to Sky

thanks

27 REPLIES 27

Yes I have the THG3000.

The latest firmware for my EAP225 V2 was Feb 2018
They are controlled by either Omada Software on a seperate PC or Omada OC200 control Unit or standalone like mine are

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If the EAP225's are running simply as access points, I can't imagine why the Wi-Fi password for them would change whether they are connected to a router or not? 

I know , and it only happens when its connected to the Voda Router  and the 5g password enabled

I dont know where to go with it now ??? Either put up with it or go back to Sky

Jayach

Have you tried factory resetting the AP's and setting it all up again.?

Ive factory defaulted / reset via the PC countless times , havent tried the cocktail stick in the reset port on the unit itself yet as im sure its the samething ?? . When i get back from work ill give that a try and report back

Jayach

@nyckuk wrote:

Ive factory defaulted / reset via the PC countless times , havent tried the cocktail stick in the reset port on the unit itself yet as im sure its the samething ?? . When i get back from work ill give that a try and report back

I'm suggesting a factory reset of the EAP225's, not the router, although if you want to reset that also it wont hurt.

Reset the 225's and the router but still the same issue

I forgot the one in the conservatory is a EAP225 - WALL  thats ok if i enable the 5g with password .

The firmware on the 225WALL  is 2021 where it only goes upto 2018 on the other 2 225's v2  .My only other option is try a 3rd part Firmware see if that helps ??? Im not sure where i get that yet ??

Ive bit the bullet and ordered 2x EAP225 AC1350

thanks for your help