Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband Ultra Hub

FamilyMan
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Just got this hub last Thursday in an effort to get wi-fi connections throughout our home. Upgraded from a Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub.. Our HP Officejet Pro 8600 does not connect to the new hub, suggestions from HP that the router has MAC address filtering enabled. Our daughter uses this printer for her University coursework. Does the router require a static MAC address and how to I add one on this router?

I read elsewhere that a user reported an increase in internet speed after switching to Vodafone Broadband Pro. That is not our experience. Speed has dropped from a normal 45 Mbps to today at 32 Mbps. We don’t have 5G here, 4G is very poor so we have to rely on wi-fi.

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member

There is not a great deal of knowledge/experience about the new hub on the forum as yet, however I very much doubt MAC filtering is turned on, unless you have enabled it.

Have you tried the HP setup from its website?

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer series - N911 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Cu...

It's surprising to hear your speed is slower with Pro II. Is that the sync speed or download speed?

Cynric

That HP 8600 model (according to the manual) ;

1. Is 802.11n only

2. Has a built-in firewall of its own

Both of these could make life tricky with setup. At least it does have a wired connection.