Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Pro Xtra -where did it go?

V1F
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've just moved my FTTP to Vodafone very happy with it but when ordering I noticed quite a bit about Pro Xtra (free Apple TV box /unlimted landline calls/fixed price contract) but it's almost disappeared from Vodafone's site and Google.

Anyone know why it was withdrawn? Is it coming back?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

Us shrooms here don't really have a clue!

I would guess that a fixed price for the term of the contract has become unsustainable.

Jayach

Personally I think it may be to do with getting the AppleTV4K, but as @CrimsonLiar says we would not really have a clue.

Thanks for the comments :Smiling:

Yeah, looking back at this forum there was a lot of people waiting many months for the Apple TV 4K streaming box (I own one and it's flawless compared to my previous streamer, Google TV dongle).

I've attached the old info for Xtra comparing deals.

I'll upgrade to that if it reappears.

screens broadband comparison.PNG

It's back!

vodafone.PNG

Pro Xtra plans are Home Broadband plans that include an Apple TV set-top box. Plus, get a free 3-month subscription to Apple TV+, inclusive Anytime landline and mobile calls and no price rises during your contract. 

This means you will pay the same price for 24 months. 

That Apple TV looks like the older model maybe it's just the wrong picture (new model has a silver coloured remote).

I see they still have the 60min restriction on landline calls (removed by BT years ago):

Anytime Landline and Mobile calls - Applies to the first 60 minutes of UK landlines (numbers beginning 01, 02, 03) and UK mobile numbers (numbers beginning with 07) which you dial directly. Inclusive calls are to UK mobiles only (this does not include other numbers that begin with 07 such as WiFi services etc.). If you wish to avoid additional call charges you should re-dial before 60 minutes have passed. Standard call charges apply if you exceed the 60-minute call cap. 

Jayach

Strange that when I follow your link the remote looks silver to me:

Jayach_0-1650028971296.png

Also the words you quote say no price rises in contract but that seems to be missing as well, and is also not shown on your "it's back" post.

Jayach

I'm on an Extra contract Plan.jpg

but the new plan is an Xtra plan, could the name change be significant?

Also no sign of "no price rises while in contract" on the comparison page. 

Jayach_0-1650107133607.png

You can check plans at your postcode before doing anything https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband?cid=postcode

If you're wanting some new kit (wi-fi extender, newer Apple box etc) and more speed it'll worth upgrading perhaps.

I'd phone them to see what they can offer you 08080 034 515.