cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Certain websites/apps are being blocked after installing TP-Link Deco M4 mesh system

aide199
4: Newbie

Hi,

I installed the TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh system a couple of days ago and everything was working great, however over the last couple of days I’ve noticed that quite a few websites/apps now seem to be blocked 

noip.com

weather.com (used by the android weather app on a S22 Ultra)

and also the nationwide banking app is also blocked (just times out)

I have installed the Deco M4 using an Ethernet cable plugged into the back of the Vodafone fibre router and have then turned off Wi-Fi on the router. I have then setup the Deco M4 in AP mode.

Is this just a coincidence that these are now blocked?

I’ve tried connection when my vpn is turned on and I can connect to everything.

Help!

5 REPLIES 5

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

Looking through these boards it is probably a coincidence (your having made a change while there are network issues for some on here), many people currently seem to be having issues.  The fear is that there doesn't seem to be a champion within Vodafone willing to push to get anything sorted!

Jayach

@aide199 wrote:

Is this just a coincidence that these are now blocked?

Unlikely as it seems, I believe it is. There are lots of other post on the forum complaining of the same type of problems, including being unable to use Nationwide banking. Such as Some Websites time out - Community home (vodafone.co.uk) or Suddenly unable to access my work website to w... - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Would your IP address begin 81.?

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @aide199! I'd recommend reaching out to our Social Media team, who'll be able to set you up with a static IP free of charge which should help resolve your issue as this has worked for other users on other threads. Please select the option "Message an Advisor" to be routed through to an agent who'd be happy to help 🙂

HBH786
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Im having the same problem its incredibly frustrating 

It seems to be blocking links from my University online library and i have an essay deadline next week so I'm having to use a vpn. Even when gaming I cant connect to servers without using a vpn which increases the ping.

I need help

Jayach

Have you tried setting your own DNS servers? I like to use 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) and 8.8.8.8 (Google).