Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activated today

davewill22
4: Newbie

Hi, 

got a problem, broadband got activated today and account to people I have spoke to the line is working well and good signal. 

however, I cannot connect to the internet. The router has 3 solid stable white lights, and when I connect my phone and pc it’s saying no internet connection available. 

pictures provided. 

anyone help please 

6199F4B6-AAC5-4150-B272-227256600B24.jpeg

image.jpg

 my package is super fast 100

thanks in advance 

34 REPLIES 34

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Could it be your content controls? Can you access this: Vodafone Broadband setup - Content controls

Hi, 

thanks for the reply 

yes I’ve set them to safe, still no access at all. My bt connection is still live thankfully and working. 

but my Vodafone yes won’t connect to the net.  

Jayach

If your BT is still working is that FTTC? When you say you have set the content controls to safe, were you able to do that over the Vodafone connection?

No that was over the BT connection, nothing connects to the Vodafone one.

also Iam sorry no idea what fttc means. Its connected to that hub in port 2, well I’ve swapped it to port 1 now as Vodafone wasn’t working 

picture 

image.jpg

Jayach

FTTC is fibre to the cabinet, basically broadband over a phone line. You have FTTP. Fibre To The Premises.

Have you tried in all the ports on that box? A previous poster with that type of ONT found the Vodafone broadband was supplied via a different port to the BT. Does the internet light on the Vodafone router only go solid white when in one specific port?

It flashes red in 3/4 and solid white in ports 1/2 but no connection in either port. 

didn’t think I could of got worse broadband then BT but this is close..right now. 

thanks for the suggestions 

Jayach

I'm on FTTC so my router works slightly different to yours, but if it's solid white that should mean it has authenticated to Vodafone.

If you log into the router and go to Status & Support, does it show an IP address?

Jayach_0-1649952725600.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

 second photo the connectivity test was failed now succeeded. Still no internet tho

Jayach

Your pictures haven't been moderated yet, but If they do show an IP address, I still think it is the content controls.

To prove if they are the cause try changing the DNS servers as that will bypass them.

Jayach_0-1648659152208.png