Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activated today

davewill22
4: Newbie

Hi, 

got a problem, broadband got activated today and account to people I have spoke to the line is working well and good signal. 

however, I cannot connect to the internet. The router has 3 solid stable white lights, and when I connect my phone and pc it’s saying no internet connection available. 

pictures provided. 

anyone help please 

6199F4B6-AAC5-4150-B272-227256600B24.jpeg

image.jpg

 my package is super fast 100

thanks in advance 

34 REPLIES 34

I do keep getting DNS server not responding on my pc when I try to repair the connection 

with them settings the web pages say, check the cables modem etc.. 

think I’ll give up for now. Appreciate the help

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Well your pictures still haven't been moderated (perhaps they consider them to contain personal info)

When you try again tomorrow, could you let us know if you have tried multiple devices with the Vodafone router?

I'm wondering if possibly you have fixed IP settings on the PC. Is it connected Wi-Fi or wired?

WelshPaul

If activation was scheduled for today then your best bet is to leave the hub connected to the ONT and if not up and running by the morning, investigate further. Vodafone do say that it can take up until midnight for activation to complete. 

Also, I don't see the phone light kit on your hub? Maybe try a hard reset? Hold down the reset button on the hub for approximately 10 seconds and once rebooted, wait a further 30 minutes for the hub to grab it's config file from the provisioning server. 

Jayach

@WelshPaul 

I was going to wait until we had the internet up before mentioning the phone light. One thing at a time. LOL

WelshPaul

I just thought a reset might help restore his/her internet connection? It wasn't really about the phone light tbh. Although, if the phone led lit up, it would indicate that the hub is connected to the right port on the ONT and that the connection is working between the hub and Openreach/Vodafone infostructure.

Right little update,

I’ve tried that reset of the hub and no joy. Still no access. Iam on to customer support who have no idea why it’s not working. 

on the hub, I have no dsl status, only IP address on ipv4 and nothin under ipv6. Tried everything and the router showing internet connection.. on the app says I have a heathy connection, yet nothing connects to the internet..  my bt still working fine. 

Jayach

In your picture you show the local IP addresses, it is the WAN (wide area network) I was asking if it had an IP address.

Jayach_0-1649952725600.png

if there is an address there I really can't see why it isn't working.

You won't have a DSL status as that is FTTC.

In the diagnostic utility try pinging 1.1.1.1

Jayach_0-1650030008121.pngJayach_1-1650030059907.png

If that works, the problem is on the (W)LAN side and may not be a router fault at all

I’ve just pinged 1.1.1.1 on the ipv4 and it said failed and try again after checking the IP address. 

also I do have a IP address 90.245.92.xx

under the IPv4 address 

Jayach

Well, I am completely flummoxed. If you are being issued an IP address, but then can't ping a simple address from within the router interface, I cant imagine what the problem may be.

I have no more suggestions, but will be very interested to know what the final solution is. Hoping it is resolved soon for your sake @davewill22

CrimsonLiar

If you cannot even ping the DNS servers that are being supplied to the router, then I'd be looking at resetting the wifi device drivers, networking protocols, and connection details held on your client devices.  If these have been previously fiddled with then that could be causing issues.

Also if you have any Sky Q, or Virgin Media devices, try turning them off before attempting to connect to a web page!