Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Super Wifi with 3rd party extenders

mahol1988
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So recently upgraded my fibre package which came with a booster and back up dongle.

Wanted to get a second booster for my office in order to connect my work machine to it via ethernet for a faster connection but vodafone won't send addition boosters unless theres a connection issue and it doesn't seem possible to buy one from them.

So question is... would an extender from a 3rd party like the TP-link RE550 as an example be possible to add into my wifi setup of the vodafone hub and 1x vodafone booster from vodafone without issue or messing up the super wifi? hopefully someone has done this or at least knows the answer.

[Cannot move the booster as it extends wifi out to rear of house which would lose signal without it being place where it is currently]

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you have Vodafone Pro you are allowed up to 3 extenders I believe. The price they charge extra for Pro it seems to me you should be entitled to get an extra one if you need it.

If you can't get a decent speed in your office it is a connection problem, in my opinion.

Raise a complaint. Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

I've got pro 1 package and they issued one booster which has helped but I need one more booster to go between my front door and the booster as I still can't get a good signal to my Ring doorbell. VF refuse to send me another booster