Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Upgrade resulting in no Internet

arune00
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This is to help anyone else who may have similar issues.

I recently upgraded to Vodafone full fibre from their standard broadband. Everything went well, all lights on except the Internet stopped after about 24 hours https://100001.onl/.

After 2 fairly long Web chats, I found out that the Fibre settings are different to the standard settings and during my upgrade my router wasn't updated with the new details so stopped working.

2 minute fix, but left me without Internet for 2 days and I had 2 x 45min Web chats to get the problem sorted!

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member

.@arune00 Please say which settings were changed and the values used.

Ripshod

It's the same experience to mine. Upgraded superfast 2 to superfast 100 and wasn't told the PPPoE details would change. The router ran with the old settings for a couple of weeks before dumping on me. A quick chat through tobi got me my new details.

After upgrading from ADSL to fttp 200, I needed to perform a factory reset on the router to get it working. The router seems to hang onto IP addresses associated with original ADSL connection despite this being disconnected and the only way to get it to refresh its brain is a factory reset. Mine has been working fine since then but wish Vodafone would tell you this is necessary.