Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WIFI CHANNEL CHANGE

maughanorama
4: Newbie

hey all 

is there some magical invisible page on the new router that allows me to change the 2.4/5ghz channels ? the auto channel function just isnt working. 

and before anyone says look here and there and posts a link to the app. i have tried the app and im unable to even sync the app with my router.. 

is there a config editor that can open the backed up config so i can change it there and upload it back ? 

why has this function been removed from the firmware ? make 0 sense 

my internet is perfect until i try to use a 2.4ghz device then its hampered by my neighbors devices. theres a free channel i can see but unable to change to it

thanks 

154 REPLIES 154

Anonymous
Not applicable

All good points.
The true test of a company is what they do when things go wrong.
As long as everything is ok, then Vodafone, like all other UK ISPs, is ok. As soon as something goes wrong then Vodafone, like most UK companies, is atrocious.
I only call as a last resort, but it's becoming more common for companies to hide behind layers of chat bots. I think Vodafone's chat bot was programmed by a ballerina. It's worse than dealing with issues than my kettle.

It's all too easy to project rational thought and end up with bad customer experience.

I lost track of the number of calls made and received, and all the emails sent back and forth to eventually fix the problem affecting access to the my account portal.  Call queue time was typically 10 minutes, talk time was often over half an hour, email response SLA was strictly adhered to at 5 days (never sooner) and the customer experience from my perspective was exceptionally poor.

No meaningful response in 9 months about why the router's expert config mode doesn't allow expert users to correctly configure the router is equally exceptionally poor customer experience - yet they seem happy to involve one of their engineers to change the channel for us if we ask - this is very poor use of human resources.

They should treat expert users as such, allow them to agree to a waiver such that if they report an operational issue then it will require the router to be reverted back to non-expert settings (so they have an easier troubleshooting procedure), and provide the expert users with advanced configuration capabilities - instead of making inexplicable decisions about what we oughtn't be able to configure the WiFi channel, especially when it used to be possible for some of the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely!

And Vodafone is the only UK ISP which treats its customers like idiots bit at the same time offers atrocious technical support.

I  moved  to Vodafone because it was the cheapest deal at the time.

When it's not I'll move to another ISP. 

Voicing problems and concerns on this portal should be enough for Vodafone to do something about both problems.

It is poor that Vodafone now appear to be ignoring this thread even though I can understand the probable reasons why the poorly thought out changes have been made or the backdoor level possible changes not made public. Postal complaints are just so time consuming though and still no gauruntee of a result, or posting back to this thread of a fix....

So true and while I have not been through all the posts I don't think Vodafone have made a comment, or provided any useful suggestions for some time. Some people seem to of managed to get personalized fixes somehow or another, but nothing that covers all users being able to modify the channel numbers, even if hidden away in the higher level settings profile available to users.