Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What causes this on the BQM?

prs1000
12: Established
12: Established

I don’t know how long images take to moderate these days. Have they got it down to under a week?

I have seen this on the BQM occasionally and am curious about what it means. 
it is a multi coloured strip  that goes the full height of the monitor. Red, yellow and blue. Just like the red line you get if you reboot the router. 
I was working at the time and didn’t  notice any loss of connection.  Also no screams

IMG_1772.jpeg

from my wife downstairs so Netflix must have been fine. 

9 REPLIES 9

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

May be better giving us a link to a snapshot. Moderation times have improved slightly, but not by much

Ripshod

That's just one of those nightly blips where your connection resets. Vodafone would also use this moment for firmware updates, etc. If you don't have a static ip your ip would also change at this time, though that doesn't happen every night. 

At 1:30 pm though? No IP change as you can see from the BQM.

i did wonder if it was an update though but I use my own router. I’ll plug the VF router in tomorrow. 

Ripshod

No point. It happens every night no matter what. Even if there's no maintenance to be done.

Stop worrying about it and continue enjoying your broadband. 

Like I said, I was curious. No more, no less. 

Cynric

@prs1000  Anything in your router log with lines starting ZTR69 or ZTR069, if so it's the ISP. At the moment I get this remote restart about 08:30, but it slips round the clock a little each day, so eventually it'll be back at a less annoying time.

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

No point. It happens every night no matter what. Even if there's no maintenance to be done.

But it was at 13:50ish in the afternoon. Most strange.

Ripshod

Dang it, you're right!!