Ask

Solution

WiFi doesn’t connect to laptop

Leefrank21
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

please help

My laptop not connecting Vodaphone WiFi . I am new to Vodaphone WiFi . No issues with my old WiFi .

Phones connected but not my WiFi . I tried all that I could know..Anyone has been experienced this before?

8 REPLIES 8

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

As you are lacking in details, I am guessing.....

You should release and renew your IP address.

HOW?

https://www.lifewire.com/renewing-ip-addresses-in-microsoft-windows-816528

If in doubt please ask.

Thank you for your information 

I Will update once it’s fixed 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If your laptop is 2.4Gz only. it's probably the same problem as Re: Broadband connection - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

With a laptop you need to make sure it is set to U.K. not U.S. and get the latest WiFi drivers from the manufacturers website.

gipjon

I have found in the pass it's better to just buy a usb 2G/5G WiFi adaptor off eBay or Amazon but buy the mini one that does not stick out . Think the last one I brought was  £2.79 UK seller and had a better range and speed than the inbuilt laptop one 

Also most of them work straight away no need to mess about with drivers etc 

Thank you for your information 

I will update once this fixed 

KazMac2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
  1. Yes me today. My iPads and iPhones work fine but I’ve been trying for hours to connect my laptop, with no luck so far.🤔☹️

gipjon

is your wifi showing up on your laptop? 

Cynric

@KazMac2 Can you give us some more details please? What have you tried in those hours? Is the laptop new or old? Is it a Windows, Unix, Linux or Chrome OS operating system? Did anything show in the router or laptop logs? Did you try using a device as a WiFi hotspot and connecting to that?