Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox series X connection issues

Needtherapy2001
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello I hope someone can help!  I have been on chat and been told if im using LAN it should work and to contact Xbox.

I'm having issues connect to Xbox Live.

NAT issues and cannot connect to DHCP server.  

I changed DNS settings to 8888 but I seem to have to restart Xbox about 20 times for something to change and then I have connection until I turn it on again.

On the IP Settings page the gateway shows as 0.0.0.0 

Sorry for the above being so vague I'm clueless.

Many thanks 

Lee

3 REPLIES 3

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Needtherapy2001! I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues. As you've advised this is a NAT Type issue, please contact our Social Media team with a link to this thread post so you don't need to repeat yourself. We need to raise a network case to investigate this. We can also investigate your broadband connection at the same time as we're unable to discuss accounts over the forum

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you're on FTTC/FTTP and connecting direct to the Vodafone router I don't think you should have NAT issues.

Where are you changing the DNS settings? You should be doing it in the router and not on the device.

Where are you seeing the gateway as 0.0.0.0? Is it on the Xbox or the Vodafone router.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the gateway on your Xbox X is showing a 0.0.0.0 then it doesn't have ANY connection to the router - ie there is no working ethernet (local)  OR WiFi (local).

If you have a cable running between the console and the router then it may be broken.  If you are intending to use WiFi then it's not been set up and you'll need to put the router into WPS mode and then put the console into WPS mode and the two will create a WiFi connection for you!

Once you've done that it should all work!