Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

a compatible a modem and router problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just curious to know I have speed issues I have a dray tek modem the model is vigor 2762 it’s Compatible with MCT. But my question is does the router need to be compatible as well my router is RAX200 AX11000 Netgear Model 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Wow, that's one hell of a router to use in AP mode.

I wasn't suggesting you should use the Vodafone router, just get an idea of what it can achieve connection wise, so you have a reference while trying to investigate the Draytek/Netgear.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Jayach

What's MCT? What are you wanting to be compatible with?

Anonymous
Not applicable

BT 'SIN 498 Openreach's (BT) Modem Conformance Testing (MCT) the modem is compatible but I don’t know if the router needs to be compatible too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice would be great my modem is compatible it’s BT SIN 498 MCT approved but does the router also need to BT SIN 498 MCT Approved too. The Router is Netgear RAX200

Trying to find the article, there has been a recent update on BT SIN 498 MCT approved devices.  Such that the list is pretty much dead, just don't connect devices that damage the network or you will be held responsible!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for advice I have made my decision. I am going to connect my Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub back in just use my Netgear RAX200 in AP Mode.

Jayach

Wow, that's one hell of a router to use in AP mode.

I wasn't suggesting you should use the Vodafone router, just get an idea of what it can achieve connection wise, so you have a reference while trying to investigate the Draytek/Netgear.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will investigate I’ll get the cause 

Jayach

That BT modem list is so out of date, I really wouldn't worry about it. Very few of the current modem/router combos (such as the THG3000) are on it, but here we all are using them.

No the router doesn't have to be compatible, it's not connected to the BT/Openreach line directly.

Tell us more about your speed problem. Do you get the expected speed if you use the Vodafone router?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay for 76 mbps was getting 79 mbps because I am 2 minute walk to green cabinet next my local Openreach telephone exchange. I get 65 mbps