Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

broadband and mast outages

Anonymous
Not applicable

getting frustrated 2 or 3 times a week bang on 6pm home broadband goes down and the local phone mast too, always off til about 8am next morning.

I have been a mobile contract customer a while and where I live Voda is the only network that works (8-12mbps 4G), occasionally the mast will go down in the evening but never really noticed being on WiFi (TalkTalk worked perfectly) Vodafone was offering £3 off thier home broadband as a customer so I signed up, all good 36mbps...

6 months on and here I am banging my head against the wall talking to Vodafone about it constantly getting "but how could the phone mast and home broadband go down at the same time so often, its impossible they simply arent the same" over and over and again...

im no techie but stop telling me I cant possibly have broadband and phone mast go down simultanesouly for the same length of time everytime when its true there clearly is an issue thats linked, like the phone mast being cabled to the exchange my broadband is!

Im currently connected to the internet with a payg EE sim that i have to keep topping up (what its worth 4G+ 1.2mbps LOL@EE) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

its not impossible they both go my broadband is fibre and the phonemast is fibre backhaul both connected to the local exchange there is where tge issue is as confirmed by vodafone themselves

maybe eductate yourself before giving impossible responses

DOH

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It certainly is a conundrum that both are being affected at the same time @Anonymous 

In regards to the Mobile Data please fill out the template in the following thread so the Vodafone Social Media Team's here can take a look at your masts … Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

You can also check local and surrounding masts via Status-checker 

In regards to your broadband they can check your exchange and account etc if you contact them on Facebook or Twitter as account access isn't available via this forum.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

The Vodafone Broadband help and troubleshooting tips thread is Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Anonymous 

If your internet is going off at the same time on certain days of the week you need to look at your time controls from your router settings, this may programmed to go off and come on at a specific time.

It would be impossible for the broadband and mast to go off at the same time and if you are using WiFi for the phones, this would be connected to the router watershed settings and this will need to be changed to always active.   You don't mention if calls and texts work from the phones or just the WiFi or if you are using mobile data for your connection.

The next time your speak to Vodafone ask them to also check your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

its not impossible they both go my broadband is fibre and the phonemast is fibre backhaul both connected to the local exchange there is where tge issue is as confirmed by vodafone themselves

maybe eductate yourself before giving impossible responses

DOH