Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube 5G

boottroop
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Just been told by technical team that 190 Mbps is a good speed for the Gigacube.  Sounds like they're taking the [Removed].

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

5 REPLIES 5

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @boottroop 👋 as your Gigacube device uses the local mobile data in your area, 190mbps does sound like a good data speed to be getting - you should be able to use all your services as normal. Are you experiencing any issues?

You can check the expected 5G data speeds for your area on our Network Status Checker - just pop your postcode in and select the 'Data Speed info' button. 

The problem with this is I was sold a service, and it's in the name Giga if 190mbps the best i could get I could have gone for the 200 mbps at the third of the price. Why sell and advertise a Giga service that can't be met. false advertising writing all over this.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@boottroop - please can you update your postcode onto your Community profile. We can then run some checks from here for you. To do this, please go to 'My Settings' - 'Personal Information' and then save your postcode in the relevant section.  

Hi, Postcode done, this speed was told okay with the GigaCube  wired to PC. not over WIFI.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@boottroop - Thanks for your patience and updating your postcode.

I’ve entered your postcode onto our Network Status Checker. If you then select ‘5G’ and press the ‘Data Speed Info’, you’ll see the average speeds for your area are between 0.4 - 255 Mbps.

From what you’ve posted above, your speeds are within what’s expected for your area.

After checking your local 5G serving site, it’s showing as preforming as expected without any faults.