Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Changed minimum guaranteed speed

Chappy4412
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys, I’m very confused, I joined Vodafone in nov 22 on a pro 2 fibre 2 contract, 

The email I received upon joining stated that I would get a minimum guaranteed speed of 47.5mbps, min download of 52.4, min up of 6.8, 

everything has been great until the start of this week, my router has been consistently dropping connection at night/ early mornings, resulting in my speeds dropping to 10mbps,  resetting the router manually gets the speed back to “normal” but it still drops back to 10 by the next day,

I spoke to Vodafone today about the issues and they quoted that my minimum speed for my address  is 7.5mbps, minimum down 8.5-10.3mbps, up 7.4-9.1,

where do I stand in regards to leaving? as the Vodafone employee I spoke to said if I want to leave I need to pay £175 for an early termination fee, 

I’m aware I still have 10 months left on contract, but I don’t want to pay £38 per month for a minimum 8.5-10.3mbps when I signed up for something completely different.

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'm a bit confused too. If your router "has been consistently dropping connection at night/ early mornings" you need to get that rectified. Once the line is stable again you can worry about minimum speeds, if you need to, but I doubt you will.

Report the fault to Vodafone as disconnections, don't get into a discussion about the speeds (as you say, they return to normal, when the router is rebooted). You will need to convince Vodafone to call Openreach out to check the line.

Unfortunately they will insist on going through their script before they will do that, so good luck.