Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Just upgraded to 500 from 100. Getting 150 max

TechnicalMarvel
4: Newbie

So last night my 500meg fttp went live, and I got all,of an extra 30-50meg!  Having just got off the chat with support they said my router wasn’t updated and then proceeded to update it.  When the update was complete they said it would take 2 hours to fully take effect and then I’d see the correct speed.  The fibre optic network here is brand new and I was getting the full 100meg when on that plan.  Can anyone shed light plz?

36 REPLIES 36

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@TechnicalMarvel  Some ideas to try;

- have you waited the two hours?

- call the help desk back because there may be something that they have forgotten to do

- search this forum for other cases of the same or similar question

Jayach

How exactly are you measuring the speed? It may be something at your end limiting the speed.

Im using speedtest and BT Wholesale speed checker using ethernet.   I have also used the test speed option on my ethernet connected xbox series x and that is throwing back the same results as the desktop pc. I have spoken to them and im now being sent a deadlock letter.  If I exercise my right under the 14 day cooling off, they will bump me down to 100mb again, and they arent prepared to reduce my bill equal to what the speed i'm getting is either until its fixes, so they have 28 days starting from today, to find and fix the fault otherwise I can and will leave FOC.  I just want the speed i'm paying for.  I dont get it.  The fibre optic cable network here is spanking new, and friends, etc even work who have upgraded are getting the max speed, as was I on my 100meg plan!  i suspect something is wrong somewhere but I have no idea what it could be.

it also doesnt help that my router which is the vodafone one, doesnt tell me which speed it is receiving into it.  Never had this before, on all my previous supplier routers, ive had speed stats..

@TechnicalMarvel The router should show the connection speeds, both up and down, on the status page. Which of Vodafone's routers are you using?

Hi I have the latest one,t he THG 3000 I think.  No there are no stats it just says WAN connection 

@TechnicalMarvel I think that there should be, there was when I used it and have a look at the example in the link below (scroll down towards the foot of the link).

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-activation/Connected-no-internet/m-p/2714415/highlight/tru...

and here too

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/Superfast-1-Only-getting-around-16-Mb-s-download-spee...

Ripshod

@Cynric you're thinking of fttc (vdsl). FTTP doesn't generate these stats.

😉

Cynric

@Ripshod Ah! My mistake. I would have thought that a similar page would be available. It seems rather illogical for it not to have some kind of status info.

@TechnicalMarvel Sorry, I've been misleading you a bit.