Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New FTTP

Madhatter
4: Newbie
Hi, I've had FTTP installed and using a Fritzbox 7530. Changed it to use modem and it's connected, the DL speeds are a 6th of what they should be. I am getting 83MB down and 57 up, package is 500 DL and 68 UL. Will it improve or is there a fault?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Madhatter

Just to bore you guys a bit further.😀

Whilst doing my research who to move to, I upgraded to 900MB in the desperation that it might make a difference and nada, exactly same speeds as on the 500MB package, had to ring up to confirm.

Waiting for my phone line to move to A&A, than am out of here, got 14 days to do it in.

View solution in original position

73 REPLIES 73

Testing with the Sky router, have to say, SKY pings are better than VF and also it tests better with 2 servers.

Since leaving, set up a BQM at TBB and that's showing packet loss, not really clued up on whether this will impact speeds?

Looks like PL starts at the router, its MTU is set art 1500 and everything I read this should be 1492?

Really is frustrating as my FTTC was stable and router went weeks without reboot.PPRJ45.JPGPPRJ45- 2.JPG

Madhatter

Will do buddy

Madhatter

Just to bore you guys a bit further.😀

Whilst doing my research who to move to, I upgraded to 900MB in the desperation that it might make a difference and nada, exactly same speeds as on the 500MB package, had to ring up to confirm.

Waiting for my phone line to move to A&A, than am out of here, got 14 days to do it in.

Madhatter

Only tested with the VF and also only using Sky HUB.

They say speeds will fluctuate for first 14 days, that may be ADSL remnant? Will see how it goes but will contact them - they are bloody difficult to get hold of compared to VF, that's a plus for VF.😊

Just registered for app and they still think am not connected to them as yet😄