Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PING / LATENCY ISSUES ON AN EVENING

SV2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello!

Trying to get my issue across to a bigger audience or possibly a tech team member because Vodaphone support sadly wont listen to me after 3 attempts.

Ever since my broadband was installed I've head great speeds/service. 9 PING, 900 down / 900 up.

For the past 2 weeks (im leeds based) the second it hits around 8pm my ping hits 160 and my download speeds get smashed to about 80/90 MB. I have no idea why this has just started to happen, but after 3 firmware upgrades, 2 new cables and 2 routers... the problem is still persistent.

9 ping, 900 down, 900 up - all day every day. 8PM, bang... service runs into the ground until 11/11:30.

Here's a tracing route to BBC and also photos taken just a few hours apart.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms vodafone.broadband [192.168.1.1]
2 132 ms 137 ms 127 ms 84.65.64.1
3 * 165 ms 194 ms 63.130.172.39
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 177 ms 155 ms 116 ms 151.101.128.81

111.png222.png

38 REPLIES 38

No mate I've heard that one before! They wanted to "Flip the cable" from the fibre box to my router, to have it the other way round ( called it "a dynamic variable") then they INSISTED they send me an ethernet cable so I could do it.

I told them no many times and they just gave me it anyway.

Hilarious

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@TeaBi wrote:
After multiple tests and showing them the proof of myown and on this forum thread they ended it with telling me I'll havr to contact City Fibre as the problem is caused by the BNG server in our area.

Your picture hasn't been moderated yet, but the fault is unlikely to be with CityFibre, and even if it was, it's not up to you to contact them, that is Vodafone's job.

Funnily enough in the picture it also has me asking if Vodaphone could raise the ticket with city fibre since that would most likely get escalated much faster than me trying, however I was told that basically wasn't an option.

Ripshod

BNG = Broadband Network Gateway. And they've sold some bull on this one, the BNGs are Vodafone's.

Ripshod

We're dealing with people in a call centre (in Egypt) who's only knowledge is a script on a terminal. When they ad lib to close the conversation the results can be hilarious. I can imagine them squirming in their chairs staring at the ceiling fan looking for inspiration. 

I feel for them. I've asked to speak to a higher team or a manager and I never get to. 

superleeds
4: Newbie

Mine just went off completely! 

We had ours just go out for a few minutes just now, same for others??

Ripshod

Hopefully a good sign 🤞