Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router connection speeds dropping

Ianra2005
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Been with Vodafone since Feb 19. Never connected at the guaranteed speed of 55mbps but got 40mbps and the 15% discount. This year speed dropped to 35 mbps, then 31 mbps now 26.2 mbps. Have tried Vodafone chat several times but get told to reboot the router and wait a few days. Obviously as this is the sync speed nothing to do with wiring or WiFi in the house. My question is how can I get Vodafone to arrange for an engineer visit to investigate the cause, rather than passing me on the the ‘technical team’, reboot and wait a few days or, as happened last year wait 3 months for the tech team to investigate and when I eventually got through to find out what they were doing, was told there was no record of my issue!!

12 REPLIES 12

Engineer came on the 30/11. I’m getting the connection speed from the app but also from the router homepage, it’s the same.

I haven’t bothered doing a Speedtest because as I’m only connecting at 28.6 mbps then the download speed on a test won’t be more than that.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for confirming @Ianra2005. We'll need to take another closer look into what may be causing this to happen with your speeds - I can see you've previously messaged us on Twitter. Please can you reply to our last DM from there and we'll be able to help with getting to the bottom of this.