Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router problems

Readek611
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, i had my full fibre 500 package installed thursday just gone. I am only hitting a download of 93. I have been in contact with vodafone since friday, done multiple restarts, updates and powercycles to their request. But with no affect. I have tried to tell them multiple times, my fibre status on my router is stuck at max bitrate 100mbps. I will attempt to attach pictures. Can anyone asvise

1000010276.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Readek611 W shall have to wait for the picture to be moderated.

Okay thanks

Cynric

@Readek611 While we wait for the pictures, let me ask some (maybe dumb) questions.

The ONT lights are as expected (I think they should be or you'd get no traffic at all)?

Have you preformed a factory reset (paperclip in the recessed hole)?

My suspicion is that someone-who-knows at VF will do something-they-never-explain at their end and it suddenly works. This is not the first time this question (or very similar) has been posted.

Sadly tried it all. Since friday leading onto yesterday, while on chat to vodafone. I have tried resets, full power downs, they have sent updates through, done power cycles. 

The router and line is working as it should, apart from the speed cap in the router. I had this router for a year or two as a dsl router to begin with. And it's always worked brilliantly. But its just stuck max rate of 100mbps

Cynric

@Readek611 Ahhh perhaps VF forgot to send a new router when you changed from FTTC to FTTP. What's the product name of the fibre package you are now on?

They were meant to send one out??

I'm on pro full fibre 500

Cynric

@Readek611 There's something in the back of my memory from reading other threads about getting either the router re-provisioned (i.e. the VF folks do some magic) or a different router. Is there anything odd in the router logs? I'll try and find the thing I am thinking of.

The main thing is what i have sent through in the picture, 

When i go into the fibre status information 

Status is up

Max bitrate 100mbps

Duplex mode full

Cynric

@Readek611 Did they send you new logon credentials?