Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow Speeds since May

antonyc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had issues with slow FTTC broadband speeds and connection drops since May this year and after replacement routers etc I still have no resolution. From taking a contract with Vodafone in February speeds where constant aroun 75mb but since May they have been between 10 and 35mb with connection dropping out at least 10 times a day. I have raised complaint but still no resolution as they say line is fine when it is clearly not. Nothing has changed at home on network if anything i have less devices connected and Vodafone refuse to send an engineer, wether that is Vodafone or Openreach. Amanda who is the case handler is rude and fails to call back at times she states on messages but this has been consistent with all Customer Services, shicking and rude. I will be going to the press withg this as I feel people need to know to stay clear from Vodafone for providing broadband as you will be in a world of hurt when issues arise as they cleary have your money so think they can do what they like.

4 REPLIES 4

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @antonyc - it's disappointing to hear this has got to the stage of you needing to make a complaint. I understand how important it is to have the best possible speeds and connection at all times. With your complaint already being at the highest point of escalation, we're unable to intervene from here, although I understand you're not happy with your case handler. Please call the number on your online compliant portal and request the case to be assigned to a different case handler. The additional points you've raised can then be reviewed. 

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

I see you also posted on TBB about this. 

Firstly, how often have you been disconnecting/rebooting the router?

Secondly (if your phone connects to the openreach socket), run a "Quiet Line Test" by dialing 17070 and selecting option 2. A good connection should be silent (no crackle, clicks, buzz or hum). Run this test from your faceplate, and also from your test socket (remove the faceplate). 

Post back with results. 

taddy
1: Seeker

For years I always wondered why my internet speed was fast but downloads on steam were really slow. The answer is your storage device that steam is downloading games on. I used to have steam on my hard drive, and then when I got a new 2TB ssd I downloaded steam on there and the download speed jumped to 700+ MB/s on average. If you look at the number on the very right it’s really slow, it can’t read and write the game fast enough onto the storage device so it’s limiting your download speed. Clearing the download cache a lot of people are saying won’t do anything if it hasn’t already which is clearly your case as well.

Cynric

@taddy Thank you for your copy of an item posted in Reddit.

Reported.