Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow internet from 5pm-11:30/12pm

Kaimey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So, iv'e been with Vodafone broadband(Superfast2) for 16months and have had this issue occur for the third time and quite simply it's boring at this point.

As the title says from 5pm-11/12 ish my internet goes from a stable 61/62mbs perfect working 18/19upload to as a record new low as 1.9mbs that its hit tonight. It starts decreasing from about 5pm down to 50-40-20-10. It sits around ten till about 8pm where it decides to just die. This is an ethernet connection and I've even gone as far as unplugging all other devices and turning off Wi-Fi.

They have sent an Openreach engineer who was furious he was even sent as 3 months prior they had sent one for this same issue in which nothing on my end is at issue from my house to the cabinet. 

I live about 20metres (I can see it out of the window) away from my cabinet in which the engineer also went to check my line at.

They also sent through an "update" to my router apparently which did nothing obviously as its most probably being throttled between these times.

The customer service on the other hand is also terrible - quite simply repeating the exact same thing the last three phone engineers as they like to call themselves have said and suggested and completely ignoring the information and images/data I have supplied for them.

Any suggestions before I just move over to a different supplier? I don't really want to have to complain every 3/4 months for a couple of weeks for a working connection especially as I work from home.

20 REPLIES 20

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Kaimey

It would be nice if the mods bothered to read the original post before suggesting social media, wouldn't it?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Kaimey, Apologies for any confusion, my earlier post was in reply to the post from another member.

If you'd like us to take a closer look into your issues and complete an investigation into what could be causing these drops, we'll need access to your account. As we're unable to do this through a public forum such as our Community, pop us a private message through one of our social media channels and one of the team will be happy to run through some diagnostics with you and see if we can pinpoint the cause of these drops in speed.

Mine seems to of got into this habit as well, last night it drop to 3Mbps and this evening is has dropped to:

Hi @embattle, thanks for sharing the screenshot of your speeds. For us to do some troubleshooting and to check your line, please send us over a message on Twitter or Facebook and include your Community username. You can find all the details in Mark's message 🙂

Ok thanks, although I don't use either of those 2 services. I have to say right this moment it seems to be holding up to 104/20.

Thanks for getting back to us @embattle. If would like us to take a look at the speeds, we know you said you don't use Facebook or Twitter, we also have a Live Chat team option on the contact us link 👍

Sadly it didn't last and noticed my ping in World of Warcraft had crept up and I've done another speed test, getting 4.83/20 at the moment.

Jayach

@embattle

If you want to try live chat, as suggested by

Now my internet has returned to full usage after two weeks of complaining and signing up with another service that starts in 3 days. Almost as if by magic as if they are trying to lure my back in for another round of fun :Smiling: unfortunately not this time.

Best thing I did was ring 6 different engineers and have one come round before it was fixed. Good luck

Usual pattern again this evening, I'll probably contact Vodafone tomorrow.