Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible internet speeds

Labrajaws
3: Seeker

My broadband was activated on Thursday 20th August and was fine for a day or so. Today it is virtually unusable. The sync speed appears to be ok, but doing a Speedtest on WiFi and via Ethernet cable show under 2mbps when it should be around 55mbps.

The internet light has also gone red a few times but then back to white.

Any ideas what is wrong?

30 REPLIES 30

Labrajaws

20200822_192155.jpg

Screenshot_20200822-190705_Speedtest.jpg

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Labrajaws 

During the first 10 days days of your connection whilst your connection stabilises, it is normal to expect drops in service or loss of speed.  You will notice the lights flashing this is your router communicating with the exchange to get the best best possible speed for your connection.

Please see here: Getting Started with Vodafone Home Broadband 

Ah, OK. I had hoped I would have a usable connection but it appears it won't be for the first 10 days. Luckily I still have Virgin M100 for a few more weeks, so this will get the kids through the holidays and me working from home in that time.

Log a call, thats not right regardless of "training period"

I'm having similar problems but even lower speeds. Its obviously not right if like me, you get 13.7 Mbps on a superfast 2 deal that had an estimated maximum of 60+Mbps. I logged a call within a couple of hours of being activated but was told nothing would be investigated until the 10 days had elapsed which then only leaves you 4 days to cancel - that doesn't seem like a very fair approach to me if they are expecting to be given reasonable time to fix it.
After several attempts at getting it dealt with via the chat system I got totally sick of being told to plug the hub into the test socket for a couple of days and little interest in progressing to matter further so I raised an online complaint.

The complaint was ignored for 5 days so I complained again only to be told there was no record of the first complaint and another one was logged. I was told it would be elevated to the next level of the the support organisation and I'd be contacted with 48 hours by them - 5 days later nothing. Someone did email to say I'd get a call from customer relations at 14:30 today but I'm still waiting.  This is really appalling and frankly I cant wait to get to the point where I can take it the Ombudsman / OFCOM and then go to a supplier that will deliver.

Its shocking really. I've put a formal complaint in and I'm waiting to hear back. I'll call them tomorrow. I want my contract ripped up, I've got no confidence in the service at all and I'm seeing loads with the same issue. It looks like they can't cope with the peak periods which is the only time I use it lol. 

Its not just peak times its all the time.

So I've just been on the phone to them again as 7 o clock has come and shock horror the speed has dropped so I cant use anything. Spoke to 2nd line team who tried telling me there must be something that happens around my property at 7 that's interfering with my WiFi lol! Told him its a wired connection. He then reminded me that they're sending 33mbps to my router but he will escalate to 3rd line who apparently will change a few ports around tonight so my connection is less crowded. This is there end not near my property. So basically admitting the sync speed guarantee is completely pointless as they can overpopulate the exchange which will drop the speed during peak times. Told him i want to cancel for free but he wasn't having it. Said if the speeds not sorted  by tomorrow then I can so hes obv confident this will sort it. 

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Screenshot_20200906-204041.jpg

 Superslow 2 tonight.