cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What's wrong with Gigafast 900 speeds from 4PM every day...?

geekl33tgamer
4: Newbie

Afternoon all,

Been on Gigafast 500 originally for around 2 years - Always hit 500/500 speeds pretty much all the time, any time of day. Took the offer to move to "Pro 900" as it was actually cheaper per month than what I had been paying for 500. After being on the 900 speed tier for 3 months, I can very rarely hit anywhere close to 900 on the download during peak as it looks to be congested:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/13825123710

This isn't the worst it's been during peak the last few months. I've seen download speeds hover around the 200-300 area, whereas upload is always 900+.

Vodafone frustrate me when I call about it slowing up. I'm asked to check cables and replace them, or make sure I'm not using WIFI. They keep forgetting the upload always hits 900+ and download's can also hit 900+ at 5AM, so I'm ruling out an issue with my internal LAN or PC's.

Is anyone else having the same issues?

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@geekl33tgamer wrote:

Is anyone else having the same issues?

There are lots of people with the same problem, as a quick look around the forum should show.

500mb drops at 8pm every night - taking my money e... - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

900 Pro Average Speed Around 70MB - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Plus, other long running threads.

So I see, thanks... I'm assuming Vodafone is ignoring this, and sticking to making you do fault testing or check cables and the such like? I was told to move my PC closer to the router on my last call to reduce WIFI interference when I'm connected via Ethernet... 🤣

Jayach

Vodafone support is just useless. I believe they are aware of the problem, and are trying to resolve it, but the message just doesn't get to the teams at the front end.