cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Whys is my sync speed in orange - Do Vodafone cap sync speeds?

bedfellow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I joined Vodafone my sync speed used to be displayed in blue. I was not getting the guaranteed speed so I get a discount. My sync speed indicator has changed from blue to orange, does anyone know why this is? Do Vodafone cap the speed when they apply the discount as mine never budges from 44.0Mbps?

Screenshot_20210930-180605_2.png

2 REPLIES 2

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bedfellow! As far as I'm aware the colour depends on whether or not you're in light or dark mode viewing the app, and merely for aesthetic purposes. We'd be happy to check your speeds with you though. You can raise a ticket through the Vodafone Broadband app as this will run a speed test and access if you're getting below what you should be. Alternatively, please contact our Social Media team here and they'll be able to check your account and speeds with you, as well as get this raised to our engineers if needs be. Please let us know how you get on 🙂

@ thank you for the clarification.

With regards to you checking my speed for me, I'm told that my minimum speed is above what Openreach advise, even though it is slower than I was previously getting on the same line with the modem/router plugged into the same socket.