Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

banded line after engineer visit and dlm reset

arronlowley
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Am i right to assume that all dlm resets now band your line and apply interleave straight away? every few months my connection would drop once and instantly id have interleave, engineer came out yesterday, noticed my line wasnt so great, fixed it, my max attainable has shot up, but i have massive amounts of interleave, as seen in the pic attached. my cabinet is also an eci so i dont believe i have g.inp at all.  

downstream                               upstream

depth: 1353                                251

delay: 7ms                                  8ms.

bb21046eeb7ac941821aa4f2fb793b4d.png

4 REPLIES 4

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

A DLM reset should remove any restrictions that have been placed on the line because of issues.  If the line issues haven't been fixed, then during initial negotiation you'll go straight back to a banded speed and interleaving.

*It's worth noting that not all routers define interleaving in the same manner, so a depth of 1353 may not be as deep an interleave as you believe!

Before the engineer visit, my max attainable sync was only 53Mbps, after the visit and a fix on my line, my max sync is now 79.5Mbps, my line attenuation is only 14db and according to the engineer my cabinet is only at most 250m away.
before he came interleave was only applied to the upstream with a delay of 6ms, after he came and fixed the line it’s applied to both, my ping to bbc has gone from 5ms to 20ms. I don’t know if he actually did a dlm reset, I can only assume he did as he mentioned about the 10 day period.

I’m just hoping my lines not going to be stuck like this now as I’ve heard the eci cabinets can be a bit of a pain.

Pinging bbc.co.uk is not a good measure as thanks to load-bearing resistance you may not always get the same location!  A better test is always going to be checking Vodafone's default DNS servers at 90.255.255.90 and 90.255.255.255 (good practice NOT to spam them though).

Even on game servers, I’ve noticed 20-30ms increase and although it’s not a lot I deffo feel like I can tell somewhat of a difference, my lines been up now for just about 1 day and only 1 errored second on the downstream, so fingers crossed dlm acts soon and isn’t stuck