Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another CUPID Code Request

MikeTango
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I see that there has been some discussion about obtaing the CUPID to port a number from VF to a SIP provider so please can somebody from VF contact me regarding this?  I have emailed gnpporting but never had a reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

Identifying and supplying of a CUPID (Communications Provider Identity Code) code isn't the responsibility of the end user. However, here is the list of Vodafone CUPID codes:

• Vodafone Limited - 007
  • Vodafone Ltd (C&W) - 013
  • Vodafone Ltd (Energis) - 026
  • Vodafone Ltd (Thus) - 028
  • Vodafone Ltd (YC) - 035
  • Vodafone Ltd (Energis) - 066
  • Vodafone Ltd (C&W) - 170
  • Vodafone Ltd (Thus) - 225

So unless you were with an old telecoms provider that was bought out by Vodafone, use the Vodafone Limited CUPID code 007.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

WelshPaul

Identifying and supplying of a CUPID (Communications Provider Identity Code) code isn't the responsibility of the end user. However, here is the list of Vodafone CUPID codes:

• Vodafone Limited - 007
  • Vodafone Ltd (C&W) - 013
  • Vodafone Ltd (Energis) - 026
  • Vodafone Ltd (Thus) - 028
  • Vodafone Ltd (YC) - 035
  • Vodafone Ltd (Energis) - 066
  • Vodafone Ltd (C&W) - 170
  • Vodafone Ltd (Thus) - 225

So unless you were with an old telecoms provider that was bought out by Vodafone, use the Vodafone Limited CUPID code 007.

Thanks very much for posting that.  Unfortunately, according to sipgate, 007 numbers can't be ported from Vodafone to them.  It seems that the only way for me to port my landline to sipgate is to leave VF when my contract is up and move to an ISP that allows number porting.  I guess VF just don't want the hassle.

WelshPaul

Unlike porting mobile numbers, telecommunication companies that provide landline numbers must have a porting agreement in place in order to complete any porting request. A work around would be to look for a provider that has a porting agreement in place with both Vodafone and Sipgate, port to them and then port to Sipgate.

Anyone looking to obtain and keep a landline number should consider obtaining one from an independent VoIP company (preferably one that's a member of ITSPA). That way, one can move from one broadband provider to another without needing to port their landline number and thus reducing the risk of problems and/or losing said number further down the road.

That's such a useful piece of advice and not something that had occurred to me.  Many thanks.