cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another FTTP install with Digital Voice problems....

JamesB197
3: Seeker

I have just ditched Virginmedia and was initially pleased with my speedy new FTTP broadband. Unfortunately, I am also still suffering issues with the digital 'landline' a day later. I have a fibre connection box and Vox 3.0 router, so plugging my not so old Gigaset phone into the Tel1 socket should have been the only action. Placing a call shows the correct ported landline number at the receiving end. After the call is placed there is no ringing or other audio output for me but apparently the other party can hear me. I contacted Support and was given the old 'wait 24 hours and it should be fine' treatment. I see a lot of threads here of a similar nature, but not quite the same. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Reset the router with the recessed button at the back (count a full 10 seconds), then wait 15minutes after the reboot before testing again. 

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

Cynric

@JamesB197  Hasn't VF sent a new router?

Jayach

@Cynric wrote:

@JamesB197  Hasn't VF sent a new router?

@JamesB197 is ex-Virgin, so presumably the THG3000 he has is new.

Cynric

@Jayach Just thinking about VF forgetting something. Also, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Vox.3 was an older model.

Jayach

No, the Vox 3 is the THG3000, the previous router the HHG2500 was the Vox 2.5. (from memory)

Ripshod

Reset the router with the recessed button at the back (count a full 10 seconds), then wait 15minutes after the reboot before testing again. 

That was the ticket @Ripshod: not a simple reboot but a full-on reset. Phone working now and crystal clear!

Ripshod

Glad we could help. Of course you'll let us all know of any further problems 😉

Jayach

@JamesB197 

That almost sounds like a fault in the handset, have you another that you can try?

Does your phone ring when someone calls you? 

JamesB197

Wow...appreciating the quick replies. My bad, I referred to the supplied setup guide: hardware is indeed a THG3000. I have tried a restart of the router, but only left it 5 mins before powering back on. Definitely worth giving it a bit longer. As for the Gigaset C570H, both handsets worked fine the day before, so for now I'm assuming they are okay and it is something on the Vodafone side of things.