Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Calling features now available on Digital Voice

Nick89
4: Newbie

How come Vodafone has been quiet about launching calling features on Digital Voice? People still seem to think they are not available.

Does Vodafone not realise that the lack of Calling features was a huge barrier for some people who want a landline service?

21*phonenumber# Divert all calls

#21# to cancel diverts

*#21# to check

61 and 67 are to divert calls when busy or no answer #61# and #67# cancels diverts.

For anonymous Call baring dial *227# to cancel dial #227#

Call Waiting is *43# to switch on and #43# to switch off.

Calling features have been available since beginning of this year. They work on my digital voice line. I left Vodafone because they didn't offer calling features and I came back when someone confirmed they work.

When it comes to 1471, you cannot return the call anymore it just tells you the phone number and time & date.

19 REPLIES 19

HelpfulBadger
11: Established
11: Established

People seem to think they're not available because it says that call features are only available on non-FTTP products, and then in the support that their not available in any Digital Voice product, and nowhere that I can find does it say that they are, in fact, available. In Vodafone tradition it may be that it's still in "testing" and people are able to add it but probably shouldn't, although from what you've said it seems to be working ok.

It's sounds daft to me because they clearly are able to offer them. Also the whole point of moving to a Digital Voice product is because its modern, it makes no sense because it means you're better off on PSTN. TalkTalk have launched there Digital Voice product and even comes with an app like BT Smart Talk that allows you to make and receive calls via the app on your smartphone so avoiding roaming costs if you connect over WiFi. BT also offer calling features with the exception of Call Baring for free, Call baring is £6 per month. 

The 1471 service on my Digital Voice line on Vodafone doesn't let you return calls, it only reads out the number and date/time of the call. Although the same Voice over artist is used from C&W network for that. When checking calling features for Call Waiting for example *#43# it says this service is enabled and when I'm on the phone and someone calls, it does indeed play beeps down the line. Call Diversion is the most important though as it means people only have to call one number to get hold of me wherever I am or leave a message on my Vodafone Mobile voicemail service, if Vodafone aren't to launch a 1571 service at least Call Diversion offers some sort of solution to that.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Nick89 wrote:

Also the whole point of moving to a Digital Voice product is because its modern, it makes no sense because it means you're better off on PSTN.

In Vodafone's case I suspect it's because they started offering FTTP and the PSTN isn't available over that so they cobbled something together so they could say they offer phone and broadband.

Then Openreach removed access to the PSTN for new installations, so they used the same on FTTC.

But yes, I'm sure they always intended to be the VoIP working fully, perhaps we are now getting there.

Olly79
1: Seeker

Hi  We have just got full fibre and need to set up a call divert. I tried *21*(mobile number)# but it doesn't work. Vodafone say call divert is not an option. Are you saying it is? If so how did you get it to work?

Thanks

Jayach

@Olly79 

I suspect the fact it appears to work for @Nick89 is a fluke, Vodafone have definately not announced that calling features are available on digital voice.

Ah OK. Do you know if I get a Voip phone with call divert enabled on it would that work for me? Its our business number and could really do with the call divert.

Jayach

@Olly79 wrote:

Ah OK. Do you know if I get a Voip phone with call divert enabled on it would that work for me? Its our business number and could really do with the call divert.

Only if you take your number to another VoIP supplier, and apparently that may cancel your broadband.

Don't know if anyone has tried to port their number from Vodafone whilst in contract for digital voice.

Ok. Thanks for replying so quickly 👍

WelshPaul

Features such as call divert, call barring and call waiting are sometimes implemented locally using your VoIP hardware. If you use your own VoIP hardware with your Vodafone Digital Voice Landline, then you likely have the ability to turn on and off Call Waiting, Caller display and set diverts.