Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

FTTP Landline Number Incorrect

botg6969
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had Pro Full Fibre 900 installed last year sometime and it has been working great.

Up until recently I didn't have a need to use the Landline side of it which is obviously provided via VOIP.

Now I do and have got it working, I can receive and make calls without a problem, however the number that was allocated to my account is not working, when you ring it either from a mobile or other landline, it is dead. 

When I make a call OUT, a different number appears on the recipient phone, not the one that is shown in my account, it is a completely different number from a different area code.

To me, this seems like a simple misconfiguration issue on the Vodafone side, however I've just spent an hour on Chat being passed around, eventually landing at the "WiFi XPert" team who rather abruptly told me that while they were sorry, there was nothing that could be done to resolve the problem.

I asked them to transfer me to somebody else that could help, but was simply told that nobody else could help as it was a problem that couldn't be fixed.

That doesn't seem correct to me, I am paying for a service that doesn't appear to be working correctly, but it can't be fixed?

3 REPLIES 3

Andy

Hi @botg6969 👋 Sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your landline number and the experience you had when chatting about the situation. This certainly sounds like something that requires further investigation, we don't have account access here, but you can also contact the Wi-Fi Xperts by calling 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 0333 304 0191 from any other phone. I would expect them to be able give you an explanation of why the problem can't be resolved and an escalation route if requested. Please let us know how you get on.

Hi @Andy ,

Thanks for the reply, not sure I can face another argument right now, is there an email or ticket system that I can use instead rather than having to go through it all again on the phone?

I understand @botg6969 There isn't unfortunately, however you can certainly link them to this post, as it explains quite clearly what the issue is you're facing. This should stop you having to explain everything again, there should also be notes left by the previous advisers.