cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I made a phone call from my landline to freefone number and need info about it.

ojos
4: Newbie

A few days ago I made a phone call to a freefone number from my landline. I have a simple question which is that I need the time the call was made & length of the call. Normally my Vodafone bill shows all outgoing calls made from my landline. Unfortunately it never lists my calls to a freefone number. Now as a one off I need this information for this one particular call I made a few days ago.

I contacted Vodafone through online chat today and explained my question. I told the agent he wouldn't find it on my phone bill listing as freefone numbers are never listed there..The agent didn't seem to understand that and kept telling me I didn't make the call as it wasn't listed on my phone bill. I requested he ask technical support (or someone who knows how the system works) for help in answering my question. The agent simply didn't understand so I was unable to get the information.

Can someone please help and tell me which Vodafone department to contact  who will be able to help anser my query on details about that freefone call?

7 REPLIES 7

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ojos - we should be able to get the time and the length of the call for you from your account. 

Please get in touch with my team on Facebook or Twitter :Smiling:

@Amanda wrote:

Hey @ojos - we should be able to get the time and the length of the call for you from your account. 

Please get in touch with my team on Facebook or Twitter :Smiling:

Since posting my question here I haver spent several hours in online chat with Vodafone agents.  They told me that as outgoing calls from my landline to freefone numbers are never listed on my bills they claimed they cannot give me the information..

As I was unhappy with this they passed me to a manager who told me I would need to go through the bureaucracy of:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/gdpr-sars-form/

just to be told the date, time & length of the call I made. I do not understand why I should need to go through this bureaucracy. but was assured there was no other way . I then requested to raise a formal complaint and was passed to Customer Relations who raised my complaint.  If you know of a way of obtaining the information I require about my outgoing call without my having to jump through all these hoops  please get in touch with your Customer Relations team.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping us updated @ojos - I'm sorry to hear you've had to escalate it to this level. 

If you'd like us to check the status of your complaint and also check your account to see if we can view information for you, please get in touch as mentioned. 

@Amanda wrote:

Thanks for keeping us updated @ojos - I'm sorry to hear you've had to escalate it to this level. 

If you'd like us to check the status of your complaint and also check your account to see if we can view information for you, please get in touch as mentioned. 

Unfortunately I don't use Twitter or Facebook. I initially attempted to contact your colleagues by telephone but it became apparent that phone calls are no longer welcome and the telephone bot said I should use the "My Vodafone" app.  After downloading the app I spent hours struggling to find someone who might know how to look up details of freefone numbers I have called from my landline. I asked to be passed to some appropriate team who might be able to solve the missing freefone number mystery but the chat team insisted I must make a "Subject Access Request" and go through that mind boggling bureaucracy.

Is there some team in Vodafone who have the magic button that unlocks the secret of the hidden freefone calls log?

Hi @ojos 👋 I have investigated a little further into why freephone numbers are not shown on a bill, this is due to a number of these being for helpline services where itemizing when a call was made could cause an issue due to the sensitive nature of some of these services, for example Childline where having a record of a call could cause a number of issues. If you have any queries surrounding this and to see if it possible to retrieve this information you can contact our privacy team here.

@Andy wrote:

Hi @ojos 👋 I have investigated a little further into why freephone numbers are not shown on a bill, this is due to a number of these being for helpline services where itemizing when a call was made could cause an issue due to the sensitive nature of some of these services, for example Childline where having a record of a call could cause a number of issues. If you have any queries surrounding this and to see if it possible to retrieve this information you can contact our privacy team here.

I agree that there maybe reasons to not show freefone numbers on bills. For one thing, as they are not charged, it can take up a lot space on the bill especially when customers like me make a lot of such calls!  But I can't see why the customer cannot just call Vodafone for information about number, date, time & call length of a particular freefone call without being forced to jump though needless hoops & obstacles.

In my case I am a customer of a company and called them on their freefone number. During the call things were said which were totally unacceptable, but fortunately the company records all calls. To investigate the matter they needed the precise time I made the call. As they get a huge number of incoming calls they wanted to avoid trawling through potentially thousands of recordings to find this particular one. Vodafone, by failing to supply me the information quickly, thereby caused the company to have to spend an inordinate time locating the recording. In the event they have managed to locate the recording and they agreed what I was being told was unacceptable.

I 'm unhappy with Vodafone's obstacle course designed to avoid providing me with information which I consider is my personal data (so no privacy issues). Vodafone should give customers the information on request without needless bureaucracy.

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the amount of the time that it's taking to get you the information about the call. As you've escalated to our Customer Relations team, they'll be able to investigate your experience since contacting us and advise of the quickest way to get the call details that you require.