Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline not receiving calls from landlines

Awams01
2: Seeker

My Vodafone broadband with Digital Voice landline was activated on 4th March. Our broadband is fine. On the landline outgoing calls are always ok, but incoming calls from someone on a landline never get through. Incoming calls from mobiles sometimes get through. For 3 weeks I've been messed around daily by Vodafone, with long calls and website posts that get nowhere. It has to be a porting issue and I think they've finally accepted that, but still can't fix it. Anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking of ditching Vodafone.

18 REPLIES 18

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Awams01 By saying "landline" do you mean the old wired one connecting to the wall socket or a phone plugged into the back of the router? If it's plugged into the router get hold of the helpdesk because they may not have done something.

It's our existing phone, plugged into the VF router. It works fine making calls and receiving calls from some mobiles, so I'm assuming the actual phone is fine. It's a strange fault but anyone using their own landline is never able to call us (they get 'incorrect number' type messages), VF claim to have checked out our router remotely and found no problem (I still think they messed up porting our number somehow).

Ripshod

You could try a factory reset on the router, to force reprovisioning. Sometimes a firmware will be pushed for a new router, and this can interfere with the initial setup. 

Hold the recessed "Reset" button in for a good ten seconds. 

Thanks. I'll try that, though not right now as Vodafone are supposed to be working on the problem, which presumably might include router updates.

VFbroadbanduser
10: Established
10: Established

By default the VOIP profile on the router is always incorrect, giving only one way calling. Vodafone just need to recreate a new one on the router and configure it properly their end. All you do is give them the serial number of the router when you ring up.

Thanks. When I ring up I never seem able to get past their help desk, and the people manning that aren't interested in any information I try to offer. I will try this on my next call to them.

Actually I'll give them that information via a post on the Fault Ticket - they do at least seem to read those.

Awams01

Just an update, my ported landline still not fixed. I tried a router reset, and also told them about fixing the VOIP profile on the router, neither helped. They say it's been escalated within 2nd line support but the daily phone calls and ticket posts continue with no visible effect. Now a month since they ported so a month with no incoming calls working from anyone with landlines. This includes a sister with learning difficulties who doesn't live close and needs her landline to work if/when she needs support from me. Has anyone else found a way of actually getting Vodafone to fix something like this? We are desperate.

Jayach

@Awams01 wrote:
Just an update, my ported landline still not fixed. I tried a router reset,

Was that a factory reset? Personally I like to do it from the router firmware Jayach_0-1711710736214.png.