Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline phone with own router on FTTP

bruce_miranda
4: Newbie

Just got FTTP and everything is working fine off the VF router. Phone lines are plugged into the VF router, VF router's WiFi is switched off. 3rd party Mesh has been switched to Bridge mode and plugged into the VF's ethernet port.

However I am shocked at how feature poor the VF router is. e.g. There are no Parental controls at all. I know I can get rid of the VF router and plug my own Mesh router into the Openreach ONT, but what about the Landline. 

Are there any 3rd party routers in the market that have a telephone socket at the back to allow the home phone to be plugged in? 

663 REPLIES 663

Thanks @Jayach @Ripshod for you quick replies and clearing this up. Are their any DECT IP phones that I can use with the existing VF router without additional hardware / software?

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Having an internal ATA the vodafone router does not pass the voip onto the network, even without any phones plugged into the Tel sockets. 

In your case I'd go with DECT and stay away from ip phones altogether, unless you go with a third party voip provider with a new number. 

Apologies for the really dumb question.  I now have a static IP.  Where do I configure it on a Grandstream HT80x?

Currently I have the Advanced Settings / Stun Server set to 

stun.l.google.com:19302 

and Use Stun set to Yes

Do I need to change anything?

Ripshod

As you now have a static IP you can disable the stun server and set your static ip where it says "NAT IP"

This is from memory, it's been a while now. 

Use NAT IP:   (used in SIP/SDP message if specified)

?

Ripshod

That's it, yes! 

Ripshod

Giving this a wee bump to keep it visible on the first page. Hope no-one minds 😉

I've been following along this thread to try and set up my grandstream wp822 with my tp link archer vr2800

I have set up a static ip with vodafone and got all the necessary dsl and sip details

I have managed to to get the phone to register and I can receive calls from mobile and landline with two way communication however I am unable to make any outgoing calls with the wp822; just pressing the dial button gives me a dial tone but when trying to call a number it just tries calls without ever connecting; when testing by trying to call my own mobile I see the wp822 attempting to call the number but no dial sounds until it just drops and times out , and my mobile doesn't even receive any notification that a call was even made to it.

I am on Version 1.0.11.40 for my wp822 and have set the firmware upgrade server path to firmware.grandstream.com

I have tried enabling and disabling SIP ALP on my archer2800 and it hasn't fixed the issue

I have tried port forwarding 5065 udp and 10000 udp ports

and I have tried these two sip proxies:

xbn.Z3.bbvoice.vodafone.co.uk

xbn.Z4.bbvoice.vodafone.co.uk

Any help will be appreciated! 

I'll leave a link below of a google drive folder with my wp822 settings which I think is relevant with personal info blacked out but if more/other screenshots are needed I'll happily to provide as quickly as I can

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k7zACa13K88UBC5Qcty8QirCP2wZTC8S?usp=sharing

Ripshod

I also have the WP822 so give me time I'll go through the settings 👍

Ripshod

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ujICGlQMiVeBSCCFyw_Y1K0fVoz44KiZ/view?usp=sharing

If that don't get you sorted then you're likely using the wrong proxy server.

Disable SIP-ALG on the router, and set the port forwarding for RTP to 10000-10010