Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline phone with own router on FTTP

bruce_miranda
4: Newbie

Just got FTTP and everything is working fine off the VF router. Phone lines are plugged into the VF router, VF router's WiFi is switched off. 3rd party Mesh has been switched to Bridge mode and plugged into the VF's ethernet port.

However I am shocked at how feature poor the VF router is. e.g. There are no Parental controls at all. I know I can get rid of the VF router and plug my own Mesh router into the Openreach ONT, but what about the Landline. 

Are there any 3rd party routers in the market that have a telephone socket at the back to allow the home phone to be plugged in? 

663 REPLIES 663

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

If @mdbloomfield is still active I believe they may be the person to help you, having had a GXP1625 working.

rockerbox
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yes thanks ,looks like he da man !!!!

Just waiting on VF to reissue the credentials so I can check they are correct

All sorted VF leaving a letter of the end of the password. Didn't want to give it to me !!!!

Anybody need it I have the secret letter 🤣

Sorry for taking a week to get back to you, and thanks @Ripshod for the mention. I must admit my GXP1625 seems to have failed again, but it was working perfectly and it likely isn't the units fault but something I've done wrong.
I'm glad you got it working, and it does at least prove that a newer (ish) device works

Just remember that not all techno nerds are male 😜

Ripshod

It seems a few have had their VoIP connection fail recently. Whatever the reason, it's Vodafone's fault 😁

Jademalo
4: Newbie

Hi, having a bit of a mare trying to get my HT801 working.

I've got my SIP details from Vodafone, and I've got PPPoE internet working properly on my Deco BE65. Ports 5060 and 5004 are forwarded, but I cannot for the life of me get it to register.

I followed mouldybread's info on GitHub to set everything up, setting everything mentioned by WelshPaul. I've got it set up with a static IP, and the 90.255.255.90 / 90.255.255.254 DNS servers. I also set Enable 100rel to yes, and 'Remove OBP from route header' to yes. User-Agent is set toVox 3.0, SIP ALG is disabled in my router, at this point I'm running out of options

I have absolutely no idea what the issue is now. I can't find any sort of error log for the HT801, so it's making it hard to know what isn't working right. I started from a freshly factory reset HT801, so if there's anything I'm missing I don't know what it is.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ripshod

Somewhere in the first 6 pages of this thread you should find a link to my screenshot of a working config for the 801.

Thanks, copied the stuff in the dropbox link from JaspalX and managed to get it to register. Incoming calls work now but outgoing ones don't, so still going to have to debug a bit more.

For reference for anyone, the main changes I made were changing SIP Port to 5065, RTP port to 10000, "Allow Incoming SIP Messages from SIP Proxy Only" to Yes, and "Add Auth Header On Initial REGISTER" to Yes.
I also changed "Outgoing Call without Registration" to No, Unregister On Reboot to All, and adjusted the SIP Resitration expiration numbers to 2, 15, 20, and 180.

I should mention that you have a post on page 4, but the google drive link has expired.

After a bit more testing, it seems like the important option is setting the SIP Port to 5065. With that set, I get registered.

I've seen a few posts say that Vodafone's SIP server is on 5060, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on there.

I suggest that you check your SIP Proxy address to make sure that what you have on your HT801 is the one that is actually allocated to your account.  I had been having a lot of problems with my HT801 which just seemed not to work when configured in the same way as suggested by other forum users. It turns out that there are various SIP Proxy addresses being issued to customers and whilst all of them clearly work for some of us, I have to assume that they cannot be used interchangeably. I am guessing that this is done to balance users across various hardware items so that everyone gets a useable service. 

I stress I am NOT an IT expert - just pointing out the problem I had when trying to setup my HT801.

Good luck!