Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline phone with own router on FTTP

bruce_miranda
4: Newbie

Just got FTTP and everything is working fine off the VF router. Phone lines are plugged into the VF router, VF router's WiFi is switched off. 3rd party Mesh has been switched to Bridge mode and plugged into the VF's ethernet port.

However I am shocked at how feature poor the VF router is. e.g. There are no Parental controls at all. I know I can get rid of the VF router and plug my own Mesh router into the Openreach ONT, but what about the Landline. 

Are there any 3rd party routers in the market that have a telephone socket at the back to allow the home phone to be plugged in? 

663 REPLIES 663

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Only certain grandstream devices have managed to get a connection due to the multitude of differences between normal voip and Vodafone's digital voice service. 

Grandstream VOIP devices confirmed to be working with Vodafone's Digital Voice service.

GXP1620 - Wired Phone (Tested by g7omn)
GXP1625 - Wired Phone (Tested by mdbloomfield)
HT801 - ATA (Tested by many)
HT802 - ATA (Tested by many)
HT812 - ATA (Tested by many)
WP810 - WiFi Phone (Tested by cf996 & myself)
WP822 - WiFi Phone (Tested by myself)

• Cisco ATA 191
  • Cisco ATA 192

Cisco SPA303 Will not work. 

Hi All,  Managed to get a HT801 to work with my router, however I have 2 problems to resolve.

Caller CLI is either +441xx or 00441xx - no UK only number ie 01xx - I have a extensive CLI database which uses the UK format and is not screening the calls on the SIP trunk.

Outgoing calls to UK numbers - ring tone on BT numbers is the standard UK tones - calls to say SKY numbers are the horrible US ring tone.

Any settings I can change or do I need to change the ATA again! 

Ripshod

@johnccl if you read back through this thread there was a post about changing all the tone to British which contained a link to the guide. I followed that and got all the British tones back. The settings are toward the really long settings page on the HT801. Sorry I can't be much more help as I've totally ditched the landline now, but it's definitely on here somewhere. 

Ripshod

DTMF tones are passed straight through as far as I remember, if that's what your asking (?). Never used an autoattendant. My password was 15 characters.

Thanks Ripshod, autoattendants are commonplace in business environment, used by vodafone when you ring them. 

You would have thought they would support the signalling facility for their business offering for business customers :Sad_face: 

Will order one to try.

Ripshod

Only certain grandstream devices have managed to get a connection due to the multitude of differences between normal voip and Vodafone's digital voice service. 

Grandstream VOIP devices confirmed to be working with Vodafone's Digital Voice service.

GXP1620 - Wired Phone (Tested by g7omn)
GXP1625 - Wired Phone (Tested by mdbloomfield)
HT801 - ATA (Tested by many)
HT802 - ATA (Tested by many)
HT812 - ATA (Tested by many)
WP810 - WiFi Phone (Tested by cf996 & myself)
WP822 - WiFi Phone (Tested by myself)

Cisco devices added

• Cisco ATA 191
  • Cisco ATA 192

Cisco SPA303 Will not work. 

*NEW*

Yealink W70B - (solved by oldajip) 

oldajip
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have made six attempts to upload instruction about configuring a Yealink W70B base station to work through a third party router with Vodafone FTTP. Each time the post just disappears. So this is my last ditch attempt.

Screenshots and instruction text file are going here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KWq1dk6jJu_5v9hS35hCy7nRO9d_Lawd?usp=sharing

Ripshod

Moderators, please don't remove the previous post - the info is valid and the link is safe

REALLY !! - MODS - IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE MY POST DOWN AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO TELL ME WHY.

So - hopefully this will work on my third attempt.

I seem to have issues calling another person who is with a competitor of VF - TT (also VOIP using a grandstream).   It never rings.  When I call mobiles on the company that VF are merging with T, it works (and their MVNO - same name as chocolate sweet)

My connection is also dropping out intermittently.  I have to reboot the HT802.  I also see very dodgy numbers in the logs are high frequency.  Is this some kind of attack which is killing the outbound connection.

UserID ToNumber FromNumber StartTime StartTalkTime EndTime Duration State Direction
N/A N/A 1833******* 26/08/2024 07:** N/A 26/08/2024 07:** 60 Cancelled Incoming
N/A N/A 889******* 26/08/2024 08:** N/A 26/08/2024 08:** 0 Busy Incoming

ignore...