Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline port incomplete

ColinD
4: Newbie

I transferred from TalkTalk to Vodafone on 20 February. Everything appeared to have gone perfectly. However, I discovered people on TalkTalk/Post Office and our son on Three could never reach us.

I have taken this up several times and wondered if anyone knew the magic words I need and who I need to speak to. The staff appear to be trying to help, but nothing is being achieved. I believe it is termed a Split Transfer and was probably caused by TalkTalk, but Ofcom say that Vodafone are responsible for its resolution.

Anyone know how common this is, and how it can be solved?

39 REPLIES 39

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @ColinD 

Sorry to hear you still haven't got this resolved.

If you have filled out the online form that will go straight to Customer Relations, have they got back to you yet?

If you drop us another message on Facebook, we can check your account notes for you to see where we're up to 🙂

The lack of progress is staggering.

I raised a web form on Monday 29th June.

Independently it was raised by Beth on Tuesday 30th June.

No response on either of these.

Danny contacted me via messenger on Facebook on Monday 6th July and spoke to the Tech Team who said they would respond within 24 hrs. Still waiting on all counts.

I contacted you via communicator as requested. Nothing happened. Today contacted by Rasheed. Not sure if his intentions, but seems to want to go back to square one. I know this is hopefully a rare problem, but expecting a customer to have to repeatedly raise it and breaking of innumerable promises to phone back  cannot be in anyway acceptable.

I see this as a technical fault that needs to be sorted, but it is turning into a monumental case of deliberate or unintentional aggravation of a customer.

Hi @ColinD 

Thanks for the update, did you raise this to the Customer Relations team? If so, have you heard back? Our Facebook team should be able to provide you with more information with what's happening 🙂

I  have been hassled all morning by Rasheed (who initiated the conversation on Facebook/ comm unicator) but didn't t appear to be up to date. No phone call from complaints team or second technical line. Is there any other route other than arbitration or letter to CEO as I have been giv an the the runaround for over 3 months and have had no confirmation we are anywhere nearer a solution. It shouldn't be this hard to rectify a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ColinD, I'm sorry to hear that you feel you're being hassled by our advisors. I can assure you that this wasn't our intention. If you're struggling for an update here, I'd recommend giving us a call on 191 for a Vodafone mobile, or 0333 3040 191 from a Landline. Alternatively, you can contact us over Social Media here and a member of the team would be happy to locate an update for you! 

I have used the Facebook / Communicator route and I had hoped that Rasheed was responding to the whole thread, but he had only picked up on the last thing I added that was the my son had told me that he could still not contact the landline. He was sitting in our lounge at the time.

I have tried every method offered apart from Twitter which I tried last night and am waiting for a response.

I thought I had actually somewhere with the second line, but missed a call and when I got back to them was told they had booked an engineer to check the line, which is not where the problem is.

If things are in hand All I need is reassurance from the right person, but just being told we will fix it is not sufficient. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our Social Media team are extremely busy at the moment @ColinD and it's taking us a little longer than usual to get back to everyone. Rest assured though, we will reply to every query. If you've not received a reply yet, pop me your Twitter ID and I'll see if we can get this picked up for you 👍

Thanks it has been picked up on twitter by Maariyah yesterday but no action after I input security details (as yet).

Also had a first response to the web based complaint I raised on 30 June today (16 July).

So things may be happening.

But this has been going on since the 20 February, reported in the mid March but not duly diagnosed. So my records go back to 31  March for full diagnosis and trying to get it resolved.

Probably not Vodafone's fault, but only you can fix it.

Brandon Robinson
Customer Relations contacted me today by email and followed up by phone. Seems to be up to speed. So let's hope for the best.

Communicator by Jade just now. 

I presume Brandon is in the best position to take it forward as he has met it two or three times before.

Thanks for your help and wish me luck.