cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My number being spoofed on spam/scam calls to people in the same 'area code'.

xdmn_083
7: Helper
7: Helper

I've now had a couple of calls back from people saying I called them when I didn't, and they are numbers not hugely different from mine, within the same 'area code' (07825) so all within vodafone mobile.

Either the calls to them (ID'd as from my number) came in from some other carrier - in which case why was it allowed, or it originated within vodafone's network from a line that is not my phone, in which case... why was it allowed?

If I am paying for a phone 'line' with a known fixed number that is assigned to me then surely vodafone as the paid supplier of that line/number and associated services is under some kind of obligation to ensure nobody else uses it.

Is there some technical reason that this can't be automatically stopped? Though I do realise that seemingly simple problems often have some hideously complicated innards.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @xdmn_083 

I can only imagine how annoying this must be for you and people receiving the calls.

I think the first avenue is to have a word with customer services on 191 or Live Chat if you haven't already.

If you have then the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook can help. Albeit not from your post here as account access isn't available.

They can be contacted via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

This isn't a Vodafone issue and there is nothing Vodafone can do about it.

I can clone your CLI and make outbound calls that appear to come from your landline, mobile, any number. I've had the ability to do this since 2006. I cannot however receive your calls and you are not billed for any of the calls I make.

I know the capability exists, I didn't realise it was unrestricted.