Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Port landline with Gigafast upgrade

tpc100
2: Seeker

I wish to upgrade from Superfast 2 to Gigafast. In my area they both use the Openreach infrastructure . I have received conflicting advice on whether I can retain my existing  landline number. Some staff say “yes no problem”others say “definitely not”. Which advice is correct! My order has been automatically rejected 3 times although I am told this is due to a an unrelated systems error. Incidentally, I am aware of friends who have switched from other providers to VF Gigafast and their landlines have been ported without issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tpc100 Although the infrastructure may be available in your area, we might not be supplying Gigafast there just yet. I'd recommend taking a look at our handy availability checker here, or giving our Gigafast team a call on 08080 034 511 for more information 

• Thanks Jack. Availability isn’t a problem as it is definitely up and running in my road. Just the porting of my original number is the issue. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll need to take a closer look into the orders that were raised previously and the landline number you'd like to move over. I understand you've been in touch with us previously and I'm sorry to see this hasn't yet been sorted. We'd advise using the contact details @Anonymous has provided for the latest on this. Please keep us updated and if you have any further questions, you know where to find us.

mikek73

Been there, Vodafone are useless.

Told they cannot port my landline because its a Virgin Media number.  This despite Vodafone having provided my landline telephone service with that number for years.

Have been given all kinds of excuses.  It's because it's going from OpenReach to CityFibre.  It's because it's a Virgin Media number.  It's because the fairies flew away with our computers.

Any excuse but no real answers.  Ended up raising with OFCOM.

Oh, and not happy with the Gigafast service.  The router is woefully insecure, Vodafone can control the firewall from outside, so when they get hacked, all our routers are vulnerable too, but you can't replace their router with your own, because they won't provide the details to use your own VOIP hardware.

If I had a choice, I'd go elsewhere but Vodafone hold the monopoly on FTTP.