Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting numbers to new provider

gs-systems
2: Seeker

I've been trying to port our business landlines numbers to a new provider but the request is rejected. We had 27 landline numbers and a few months ago I ported 3 numbers across as a test. That was successful (well except that Vodafone in the process disabled our main number which caused a nightmare but we eventually got it sorted). The point being I understand the process of initiating a port in with my new provider, generating the letter of authorisation, and that being sent to Vodafone. Now when I try the request is rejected but without clear information as to why. My new provider says there may be blocks of numbers that need to be ported together but say I need to speak with Vodafone to find out. When I call Vodafone, no matter what options I pick I end up speaking with people who are no help. My most recent call today seemed promising, they said they would send me a form to complete which would then be directed to the right department to help. When I received the form it turned out to be a template letter of authorisation to port numbers to Vodafone, so the opposite of what I need. I'm finding this all so exhausting, I just need to be able to speak with someone at Vodafone who can help with this task. I wouldn't go into the reasons why we are moving our business phones away from Vodafone but it currently seems so difficult and those numbers, including the main number which has been our number for decades feel like they are being held to ransom by Vodafone.

3 REPLIES 3

lucas08

Another option would be to setup a Google voice account and to port that number over. But check the fine-print to make sure which networks are eligible to port in from to receive the $100 promotion, some carriers have strict requirements. I ported my Google voice number to Cricket wireless a few years ago and it ported instantly, obviously not a guarantee this will be the case with Fi, but seems you have 30 day to port in. Added bonus is Google voice allows you to choose a number from a small pool based on your choice of zip code.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if this forum would be able to help with the difficulties we are having, but this answer certainly seems to have no relevance to my post. I'm quite comfortable with the decision of where we want to move our numbers to, I'm just finding it very difficult to do so. I'm sure someone at Vodafone would be able to view our account and explain why our port requests are being rejected, I'm just struggling to find who to speak to. To be fair  some people at Vodafone in the past have been very helpful, but generally it seems a very difficult to get the right help from the right people.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@lucas08 wrote:

Another option would be to setup a Google voice account and to port that number over. But check the fine-print to make sure which networks are eligible to port in from to receive the $100 promotion, some carriers have strict requirements. I ported my Google voice number to Cricket wireless a few years ago and it ported instantly, obviously not a guarantee this will be the case with Fi, but seems you have 30 day to port in. Added bonus is Google voice allows you to choose a number from a small pool based on your choice of zip code.

I suspect this is just another scammer posting random, but apparently relevant, garbage.

Look to see this post repeated again, but with a scam link added.