Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VOIP settings

Yoshi21
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently moved to the Xtra package, on receipt of my new Vodafone router I found the UI clunky and the speed dismal, I have been with Vodafone for many years and always used a TP Link router, I had forgotten just how bad the OE router is. I hunted for a modem router with the ability to provide me with a stable ADSL connection, good Wi-Fi coverage and the ability to use VOIP all in one package. This leads me to the TP Link Deco X73-DSL AX5400 VDSL modem/router. I have found this to me a very good bit of kit but for the life of me and several calls to Vodafone can get no help setting it up, I can not get any account or settings details off them, only to go back to using the substandard OE equipment.

I would be more grateful if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction to get help with this, or even give me a positive yes or no if what I am trying to achieve is possible.

Thank you in advance for your replys.

25 REPLIES 25

Thanks for the info.  Being switched to Digital Voice in a few weeks.  So an agent will give out SIP details on chat if I ask nicely? 
I use the the Vodafone FTTC as a backup to FTTP on a Draytek router.  I don't want to try and plumb in the Vodafone router just to get VOIP from Vodafone.  Not least because I'd probably end up with double NAT. 
I already use VOIP on a Gigaset DECT base station so I'm hoping I can just add the Vodafone account to that.  So I'll need to route the SIP ATA (Gigaset in my case) via the Vodafone WAN presumably to ensure correct IP is used for SIP registration.

Anyone got Gigaset kit working on this?

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

At the moment gigaset is an unknown. It's down to you to get the sip details and get them working - you'll be the first. 

OK.  I'll post some details if I can get it going.

Unless you have a business grade Gigaset equipment, their (consumer) gear

does not support SRTP and also IPv6 :Sad_face:
Well at least on my N300IP and S685IP ....

I have a feeling you're right.  I have some Yealink kit which will so may have to use that.  Haven't looked at Gigaset yet - but I don't recall seeing SRTP.  I have a 100GO which is broadly the same as N300IP but with call blocking.
The Gigaset commercial stuff is a pain to provision in my experience...

Ripshod

Yealink won't work, it's missing many necessary configuration options. 

Is it because it's stripped down by the firmware imposed by BT/UK ops?
Or generally does not also have SRTP support?

This is strange.
Looking at he spec of  Yealink W60P IP DECT W60B & W56H that is widely available on

one of the auction sites and the spec and that model supports TLS & SRTP
security encryption, offers 8 SIP accounts, PoE, so all tick boxes for device to have ...
https://www.surevoip.co.uk/sites/default/files/W60P.pdf

Can you please let us know, why would Yealink not work with VF DV?

THG3000-IPv6
4: Newbie

Just checked post on reddit - W60B locked to BT cloud voice
So the question is,

once it has been de-registered from the

Yealink Remote Provisioning Server (RPS) will it work with VF DV then?

Ripshod

It might, if it has the settings available, such as 'user_agent', SRTP port 10010 available, etc, etc.

If you want to take a punt let us know how it goes.