Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VOIP settings

Yoshi21
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently moved to the Xtra package, on receipt of my new Vodafone router I found the UI clunky and the speed dismal, I have been with Vodafone for many years and always used a TP Link router, I had forgotten just how bad the OE router is. I hunted for a modem router with the ability to provide me with a stable ADSL connection, good Wi-Fi coverage and the ability to use VOIP all in one package. This leads me to the TP Link Deco X73-DSL AX5400 VDSL modem/router. I have found this to me a very good bit of kit but for the life of me and several calls to Vodafone can get no help setting it up, I can not get any account or settings details off them, only to go back to using the substandard OE equipment.

I would be more grateful if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction to get help with this, or even give me a positive yes or no if what I am trying to achieve is possible.

Thank you in advance for your replys.

25 REPLIES 25

I've confirmed that my Gigaset 100GO doesn't have SRTP.

I think the Yealink will have those settings based on their wired devices.    I've only ever used the W60B on a provisioned system so haven't really played with settings manually.  I don't know what BT have done with firmware - my W60B is not supplied by BT so hopefully will have enough

Do you have a full list of settings required?  I haven't gone live yet so don't think I'll get far with Vodafone CS yet.

Vodafone have recently moved my phone line from PSTN to Digital Voice. I already have the Gigaset N300A IP unit as I already use VoIP from home for work. I've received my Digital Voice username and password from Vodafone, but.. I cannot get my Gigaset N300A IP to register with the Vodafone Digital Voice service. It appears that the Vodafone Digital Voice registration server domain name of "resvoip.vodafone.co.uk", and my Vodafone Proxy Server domain name cannot be resolved over my Vodafone broadband connection. Were you ever able to get you Gigaset equipment to utilise the Vodafone Digital Voice service?

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Your gigaset won't work. We've only got voip working with several Grandstream and a couple of Cisco devices.

The problem you face is gigaset just doesn't expose settings essential to get vodafone digital voice working. 

Thanks for the information. What are the additional configuration items required for Digital Voice that are not presented by the Gigaset device. And... does my Vodafone broadband connections inability to resolve the domain names of the Digital Voice registration & proxy servers not present a difficulty to the Grandstream & Cisco devices?

Ripshod

So long as you don't use the vodafone router at all, and that you have the right details, there's no reason a Grandstream device wouldn't work.

The settings needed to access include device_id, SRTP with ports between 10000and 10100, voip port 5065 is essential....... (go back some pages, you'll see what else is needed).

I had this working with a Grandstream HT801 ATA and  a WP822, but I'm not bothered with it anymore. It was just an exercise to me. 

The problem is that the non-Pro Gigaset devices (e.g. N300A, or Go Box 100) don't offer SRTP.
I've given up trying to use the landline. I'd need new hardware or to rig up the Vodafone Router just for VOIP, alongside my existing router.  Can't be bothered, for the use my landline gets. When the contract is up, I may port the number to a VOIP provider.  E.g. A&A.