Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoIP on your equipment

DJDanny90000
4: Newbie

Hi. I am just curious to find out about your Gigafast 100 200 500 and 900Mbps. I do realise that Gigafast is not available in my area yet. It will be a long time before it’s available. But I am just curious to find out about your VoIP service. You know how you have to plug your analogue phone in to the back of your fibre router. What If I use my own equipment like a VoIP Adapter. Will I be able to get VoIP SIP username and password for the VoIP Settings or do Vodafone not allow that.

2 REPLIES 2

MarkD

Hi @DJDanny90000, it's great that you're interested in the Gigafast service! You can register your details here and one of the team will get in touch when the service is available in your area.

We generally allow the use of your own equipment on the network, however, we wouldn't be able to help with getting it set up and if any troubleshooting is needed on the line, we would need the Vodafone Hub connected. If you decide to take out the service, let us know what equipment you're thinking about connecting and we'll do our best to help 🙂

Hi @MarkD Well it’s not available in my area yet. I am just curious by using my equipment will I be able to get VoIP Settings for a VoIP Adapter for example the SIP username and password.

All this information is for future when I get CityFibre or Openreach FTTP/H in my Fife area.