Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Adding a datapack

ExGlos_04
4: Newbie

When I try to buy a datapack with my balance it repeatedly fails to work and I have to call Customer Services to add it. I notice that my account type is 'Other pay monthly' and I was told yesterday I was on a 30-day contract. No - I have never taken out any contract. There is a 'Pay as you go 2GB' option and this is the one that would be appropriate. Has anyone else encountered this and how would I change it? 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ExGlos_04 

Who told you that it's a 30 day contract you are on ?

What does it say in your Vodafone App ?

I would suggest to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to get official clarification.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the quick reply Band of Brothers. I had to phone Customer Services yesterday to add a datapack and the adviser told me I was on a 30 day contract. I will try the link you provided.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @ExGlos_04 

They'll definitely be able to advise what type of contract your on wether it's a Payg where the allowances last 30 days.

Or a Pay Monthly Contract that requires 30 days notice to cancel. This type of Monthly Contract requires a Direct debit setting up.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

After some days ago contacting Customer Services and spending some time on the phone, I was assured that the problem had been solved and everything would work smoothly in future. Well it has not - I had to call CS again today to have a datapack put on.  My sim is a pay as you go £10 2GB valid for 90 days not on any contract. I do not want to go on social media to get this sorted.

BandOfBrothers

Ok I understand your reluctance to use Social Media and respect that decision @ExGlos_04 

As no account access assistance is available via the forum this is where the support ends from your post here I'm afraid.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here read all posts but would only be able to advise you to use the link I added for further official support for account specific queries. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @ExGlos_04 

Looking back on your previous threads I notice you queries the same problem here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Buying-datapacks-by-phone/m-p/2642095#M34717

Although you mention you don't do any online shopping or use your details online, the Vodafone site is secure and providing you have internet security on the PC, it would be impossible for anyone to get your details.  The reason I mention this is if you had an online account (you may even have one), you can manage the account and will be able to see exactly the tariff you are on.  

If you are on a 30 day SIM only tariff, you should have been receiving a monthly bill and this would be available for you to view online.  If this is correct, you may have just used your monthly allowance and would need to add a data extra by following the information here: Data Extras.

Although with the current unprecedented situation with the Government's advise to stay home you will have a long waiting time for an answer, I would recommend contacting Customer Services or using live chat, an advisor will be able to confirm the tariff you are on, if it is 30 day, at least you will only need to give 30 days notice for termination but keep a watch on any bill and make sure it is fully cleared and you have a zero balance owing. 

Thank you for your replies Band of Brothers and AnnS for your replies. I am not and never have been on any contract of any sort whatever and do not get monthly bills. This has been going on for some months now and I do rely on my dongle for internet access for email and my work with the Geograph website.  Customer Services have not been able to help so I have used the link that you AnnS gave me in a previous posting to the complaint form and I wait to hear from them. Thank you both for your unstinting help and advice.

I still sit here puzzled. I have been with Vodafone for a pay as you go dongle since 2009. On the account details page it says 'Other pay monthly. I have never been on any 'pay monthly' in any shape or form.