Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Continuing issues with Gigacube

pcroxford
3: Seeker

I am having ongoing issues with my 5G Gigacube.  Main symptoms are:

• Long delay in connecting to websites - ‘resolving host’ message for a minute or so before it finally connects
  • Likewise for Zoom calls - I typically need to switch to my (super slow) fixed line broadband to kick-off a call and switch to the Gigaclear once connected to benefit from the better speed
  • Unable to connect to websites, Slack and other tools whilst connected to a Zoom call - really annoying 
  • Can’t use my mesh network with Gigacube - if I try, speed drops to below 1mbps

None of these issues occur when I hub off my iPhone, plus speed is better when hubbing - so this is not an issue with network coverage, nor is it WiFi related as Gigacube is <1m away from my Mac.

Any help appreciated - before I give up and send it back to Vodafone!

64 REPLIES 64

For what it is worth, I am experiencing similar symptoms, although not a severe. I have a very expensive HUAWEI router that I purchased separately. I am therefore paying £30 a month, but it is still not acceptable. 
I don’t know if the fact that i sourced my own router helps to diagnose the issue, ( HUAWEI B818)  but I’d love to know if there is a solution. The same answers apply to all that was asked

Hello, 

I'm having the same issue. I already contacted vodafone support twice who concluded the issue is with the cube and they sent me a replacement cube. I set up the replacement cube using the same SIM (the person I spoke with said their issue was in the cube, not the SIM); however, I'm still having the exact same issue. Is there any resolution? 

Still no resolution here...

I've called vodafone again after they reached out on this thread, in the hope I'd get a more helpful response than the above message. The current suggestion is that I try the gigacube in 2 different locations that have different post codes to where I live currently. This apparently will help diagnose the problem, however I'm not feeling too positive. 

Will update if this has any affect.

atillae

Hi, it looks like a DNS issue to me from what you say about zoom calls. try using google public DNS servers. and run "ipconfig  /flushdns" on your device while all browsers like chrome firefox are closed.  it could also be UPnP issue due to some applications must have port forwarding which is done auto whit UPnP try the DNS than let me know I will try to help you.

You can add the Google dns in network settings if my memory serves me correctly. The main issue is that Vodafone’s network is a pile of dog sh*te just paid 80 quid and ended my contract and ordered the same from three which also doesn’t have the strict Nat issue rendering online gaming impossible, good riddance.