Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube end of contract options

thebeercard
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

The 18-month contract for my 4G Gigacube ends next month so I chatted to the upgrade team online about the options.

It seems that their systems were not great at pointing out that I could move to a data SIM plan now that I have, effectively, paid for the Gigacube and it needed some manipulating of these systems to actually let me move to one.

But the advisor was very persistent and I am now on a unlimited data plan at a much lower price.

The real advice for Gigacube users is to ensure that you do not remain on your original plan when it expires, but give Vodafone a call and ensure that it is changes.

7 REPLIES 7

MarkD

Thanks for your post @thebeercard, very insightful 👍

Once you're at the end of your GigaCube contract, we would recommend moving to a 30 day, 12 months or 24 months data-only SIM deal. For anyone coming up to the commitment end date of a GigaCube or MiFi contract, you can check out the options here

Thanks for that link Mark. I'm a month away from the end of my initial 18 Month contract for my Gigacube 5G and want to take an unlimited plan when that plan finishes. It's been a few months since your post so are the prices in that link still valid? Also would I be better ringing to change the plan rather than doing it online just to make sure everything goes smoothly?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

The prices in the link @MarkD provided appear to be up to date @C_J_W. If you prefer to contact us when processing your upgrade, you can reach out to our dedicated Chat team as well as speaking to us over the phone. We'll be more than happy to help no matter how you chose to contact us 😊

Thanks Mark. I've only just read your reply and this afternoon I contacted someone on the chat to enquire. This is the message I just posted under the heading New Gigacube contract:

I'm now about a month from the end of my initial 18 month contract with a Gigacube 5G which is 100GB for just under £33 (I can only get 4G at the moment but a 5G Gigacube was the only one available and, I thought, also future-proofs me). I looked on the website at this page https://www.vodafone.co.uk/data-only-sim which seems to show that I could get unlimited data on a 30 day rolling contract for £37 but I was told that is the wrong page and was given this link https://www.vodafone.co.uk/gigacube/ which I think is really the page for new Gigacube customers and when I queried that I was told that there are no promotions so this would be the cost.

Surely this is a mistake as I have already paid for the device and any subsequent contracts should reflect that and be cheaper. So what is the "data-only-sim" link for? Is it out-of-date information?

My only other option for broadband is FTTC which my neighbours have and which gives around them no more than 25 Mbps while I get anything from 50 to 110 Mbps depending on time of day so well worth the extra £10 or so I'm paying at the moment. I don't see any chance of full fibre any time soon as I am living on a mobile home site and the owner refuses to let Open Reach come on and dig any holes!

Has anyone else out there recently renewed their Gigacube contract and got a decent deal? Hopefully a moderator will pick this up shortly and explain.

My only reason for a 30 day contract is just in case full fibre does come my way, which would probably be cheaper,  this gives me the option of cancelling and as it's only £4 a month more than a 12 month contract I'm happy to go with that.

Thanks

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for any confusion @C_J_W, it looks like the adviser may have misunderstood what you're looking for as explained in my reply to your other post, the SIM only data plans will work fine in your Gigacube.

Thanks Mark, thought it was duff information. Will go on the chat later. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for the mix up @C_J_W, I'm sure our chat team will get you on the best plan for your needs.