main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Mobile Broadband

Gigacube too slow for working from home

ihatebodafone90
2: Seeker

I'm having a nightmare with Vodafone and my 5g gigacube. It used to work very well but about 2 months ago became extremely slow. Vodafone admitted there was a network issue in my area, yet the problems persisted once the network issues were officially "resolved". I have since spoken to the technical team about 6 times and despite trying everything they suggest nothing has improved. I have also made a formal complaint. The complaint team has done absolutely nothing to resolve my complaint and simply say they need to raise it with the technical team (but they never do). So now I am stuck in a loop of the complaint team phoning me every week and asking me if the problem has magically fixed itself. When I say no they again state it needs to be raised with the technical team, but they never do this. I can no longer make video calls on the device as the upload speed is too slow. This affects my ability to work from home. I want to cancel my service as I feel it was missold (I was told it was "ideal for working from home") but I cannot get anyone at Vodafone customer service to escalate this. I am simply being passed round and round the same loop over and over again getting nowhere. I find Vodafone customer service absolutely shocking. It is almost as if someone designed the system to be as infuriating as possible.

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Farai

We'd be happy to help you investigate the network issue and if needed we'll escalate it to our Network Team once we have a bit more information @ihatebodafone90. So we can get the ball rolling, please try the initial steps highlighted here and drop us a message over on Twitter or Facebook here and we'll pick things up from there 👍

View more options
ihatebodafone90

For the benefit of anyone reading this. I contacted them as requested and was told "we can't get involved, wait 8 weeks for your deadlock letter". What shocking customer service. My advice is do not buy a Vodafone Gigacube if you rely on your internet for work.

View more options
MarkD

Hi @ihatebodafone90, did you contact us over the social media channels? If so, did you include your username in the message? From your post it sounds like the complaint has been escalated, if that's the case our care teams wouldn't be able to make any changes but they should be able to get you an update. 

View more options
ihatebodafone90

Yes I did. The relevant part of the response:

Nonetheless, as you've advised that your concerns are with our Customer Relations (Complaints) team, it's important to note that they are the highest escalation point here at Vodafone, which means we're unable to interfere or comment on your case - the saying "Too many chefs in the kitchen" would be used. This rule is put into place to ensure your case is resolved as efficiently and quickly as possible without multiple channels of contact getting involved and interfering, resulting in mixed communication, confusion between channels, inconsistency and more importantly delaying the resolution you require.

View more options
MarkD

Thanks for your reply, we'll check on where we're up to with the conversation and see if we can get you a complaint update. If we can, we'll send this over social media channels. 

View more options
Whyallthelies
3: Seeker

I’m having exactly the same issue although they’ve sent me a new unit it’s actually worse which is quite something! Money saving expert has a service called resolva I’m currently trying that to try to get them to respond to me. Absolutely reporting them to the ombudsman as well, it’s terrible they think the consumer contracts regulations law just doesn’t apply to them. 

View more options