main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

I have just installed by Gigahub. and I'm getting download speeds of around 5mb to 10mb.

Highlighted
3: Seeker

I have just installed by Gigahub and I'm getting download speeds of around 5mb to 10mb.  I have tried placing it in different parts of the house but it doesnt make much difference.

What can i do in terms of configuring it?  Also has anyone tried using an external antenna? 

We are in a rural location but at these speeds i might as stick with BT broadband.

Many thanks!

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hey there @cmongey, just to clarify do you mean Gigacube? 

We can certainly help with your speeds! If you're happy to could you pop over your full postcode please? Alternatively, if you would prefer to not have that on public you can add it to your profile for us to find 😊 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Evie  -TN263SX.  GigaCube rather than Gigahub

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks @cmongey I am assuming it is the 4G GigaCube you have? I have checked the area and can`t see any issues locally, I do believe the speeds are because of the rural location and your proximity to the mast, do you have any Vodafone mobiles in the household which you could possibly compare speeds with? 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Andy,

we do have Vodafone mobiles.  We understood that the gigacub gets better performance.

Would the sure signal booster or an external antenna help?  If the latter could you recommend one or a type of antenna

Thanks

View more options
Highlighted

@cmongey A signal booster like our Vodafone Sure Signal's wouldn't boost the data speeds, as they're more for voice/text 2G improvements.

As for a better antenna, I can't say I can think of one to hand that'd help boost the data speed coverage either. I'm sorry of you were misled with the Gigacube, but the speeds on the device are still limited to the same speeds a phone has in essence. Coverage won't change/vary based on what device or service is being used. 

View more options
Highlighted

hi Josh,

we tried with an omni external antenna. We got slightly better performance, 3mb/4mb  on download speeds and much better upload speed.  However not sufficient to keep the Gigacube.

What confuses me is that vodafone say there is 4 bar indoor and outdoor coverage.  So should this provide in the region of 20mb/30mb?

Thanks

View more options