cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have just installed by Gigahub. and I'm getting download speeds of around 5mb to 10mb.

cmongey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just installed by Gigahub and I'm getting download speeds of around 5mb to 10mb.  I have tried placing it in different parts of the house but it doesnt make much difference.

What can i do in terms of configuring it?  Also has anyone tried using an external antenna? 

We are in a rural location but at these speeds i might as stick with BT broadband.

Many thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @cmongey, just to clarify do you mean Gigacube? 

We can certainly help with your speeds! If you're happy to could you pop over your full postcode please? Alternatively, if you would prefer to not have that on public you can add it to your profile for us to find 😊 

Hi Evie  -TN263SX.  GigaCube rather than Gigahub

Thanks @cmongey I am assuming it is the 4G GigaCube you have? I have checked the area and can`t see any issues locally, I do believe the speeds are because of the rural location and your proximity to the mast, do you have any Vodafone mobiles in the household which you could possibly compare speeds with? 

Hi Andy,

we do have Vodafone mobiles.  We understood that the gigacub gets better performance.

Would the sure signal booster or an external antenna help?  If the latter could you recommend one or a type of antenna

Thanks

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cmongey A signal booster like our Vodafone Sure Signal's wouldn't boost the data speeds, as they're more for voice/text 2G improvements.

As for a better antenna, I can't say I can think of one to hand that'd help boost the data speed coverage either. I'm sorry of you were misled with the Gigacube, but the speeds on the device are still limited to the same speeds a phone has in essence. Coverage won't change/vary based on what device or service is being used. 

hi Josh,

we tried with an omni external antenna. We got slightly better performance, 3mb/4mb  on download speeds and much better upload speed.  However not sufficient to keep the Gigacube.

What confuses me is that vodafone say there is 4 bar indoor and outdoor coverage.  So should this provide in the region of 20mb/30mb?

Thanks

Hi both,

at least your doing better than me i can only get top speed of 2 - 5 on a good day. Most of the time my device says connected but no internet. Again I'm confused by this as the coverage shows full bars and the cube is steady green at 4G. My mobile also only show one bar of service and an E for mobile data. So upset with this as I purposely left Three early to switch to Vodaphone. I understand what you say about the cube being similar to a mobile but here's the thing, if you market a product saying it's for people who struggle with decent broadband then you need to deliver because you know full well what the consumer is thinking/expecting when they see that line.  Yes you may cover yourself by saying oh well "It's like a mobile" and legally there is nothing i can dispute and so i'm stuck in a 24 month contract, i can't wait to get out of.  After this experience I will not believe anything you sell me ever again. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @IronGiant49 - I can appreciate your frustration with this, at a time like this you want to have a stable connection.

Could you complete our network issues initial checks and send that over to us? This way we can identify if it's a network issue 😊

Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
I have one bar if signal indoors and outdoors. I can walk up till the end of the lane and get may two bars. Full bars from the next town along in Moreton-in-Marsh (1.5 miles away)

my mobile data starts at 4G the drops to E. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. GL56 9LA

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

yes my mother also has Vodafone and gets the same issue.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

no error message but just either no service and really slow internet. Pages left hanging.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

I assume it’s all if it drops to no service.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

I’ve had the giga cube since 1st Feb but although shaky it’s been ok ish but since Monday of this week having real issues. I installed the Voda phone sim in n my phone 2 days ago and it been like this ever since.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

it constantly drops  and does not stabilise.

the network link you sent me to mentioned something about sure signal. Does this work with Gigacube? That is my main frustration as I cannot do any work despite the network status of my area and around being full bars with good indoor and outdoor coverage